Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC hangs Mac Mini after waking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm getting a very annoying problem whereby when I wake my Mini up while running XBMC more often than not the whole mac crashes and the only way to get it back running is to do a hard reset with the power button.

Interestingly it only seems to do this when running in fullscreen mode. Windowed mode doesn't seem affected. Reproduced it on both Alaska and Confluence, so doesn't appear to be skin related.

I've just crashed it again so will go get the logs.

OS is SL 10.6.3, XBMC is the current stable release (though I think I've had the same issue with some of the more recent nightlies....

Any suggestions most welcome, as this is really annoying my good lady Smile

Justin
crashreporter.log please.
I looked - there isn't one I don't think. I never get the OS 'your app has crashed' message as I have to hard reset it, so I'm not sure it ever reports an actual crash with XBMC.

The last log in /Users/Soul/Library/Logs/CrashReporter is from April 10th, so nothing for tonight.
"whole mac crashes", there will be a crashreporter.log for that too.
Ok where would that be and what would it be called?

Cheers,

Justin
Lift your head so you can see his signature :-)
pecinko Wrote:Lift your head so you can see his signature :-)

How does that help? His sig appears to related to the AppleTV for a start, and I've already said that my latest Crashreporter log isn't from tonight....
ls /Library/Logs/CrashReporter/
Hey. I already had a look in there as well. Only 1 file, from earlier on in the evening:

AppleVNCServer_2010-04-18-192636_localhost.crash

So don't think that's related as I assume I'd be getting one every time I get it to hang?

Cheers,

Justin
Tell more about your setup and display.
Hey Davilla,

The mac mini is an early Intel one, used to be a 1.5 core solo that now runs a 2.16 core2duo. It's connected by a DVI-HDMI cable to an Onyko A/V receiver.

I have to use the video calibration to shrink the display to fit the plasma, as there is some overscan (if I turn overscan off the display is far too small).

What else would you like to know?

Thanks,

Justin
Soul Wrote:Hey Davilla,

The mac mini is an early Intel one, used to be a 1.5 core solo that now runs a 2.16 core2duo. It's connected by a DVI-HDMI cable to an Onyko A/V receiver.

I have to use the video calibration to shrink the display to fit the plasma, as there is some overscan (if I turn overscan off the display is far too small).

What else would you like to know?

Thanks,

Justin

XBMC under the mac mini's don't like the display disconnected, it caused the OpenGL context to vanish and bad things happen. When your Mac mini is sleeping, what happens with respect to the Onyko A/V receiver? Is that on/off. When you wake the mini, is receiver on/off ?
Hmm I do everything via universal remote. So normally the receiver is set to standby when the mini is put to sleep and vice-versa.

However when I was testing last night I was just putting the mac to sleep and waking it up, with the receiver and tv left on at all times. I could still make it crash quite easily.
Any more ideas Davilla? Currently I'm working round it by putting XBMC into window mode when shutting down and fullscreening after it wakes up.

Cheers,

Justin
Pages: 1 2