Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: immediately waking after suspend.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!

Have a very annoying problem, my Asrock 330 with a Microsoft MCE remote is immediately waking after suspend.

Have checked my grub for the "usbcore.autosuspend=-1", and as far as I can see, it is in there:

Code:
# If you change this file, run 'update-grub' afterwards to update
# /boot/grub/grub.cfg.

GRUB_DEFAULT=0
GRUB_HIDDEN_TIMEOUT=0
GRUB_HIDDEN_TIMEOUT_QUIET=true
GRUB_TIMEOUT="10"
GRUB_DISTRIBUTOR=`lsb_release -i -s 2> /dev/null || echo Debian`
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash vga=792,791,773,789,788,771,786,785,769 xbmc=autostart,nodiskmount,setvolume loglevel=0 noredir usbcore.autosuspend=-1"
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX=""

# Uncomment to disable graphical terminal (grub-pc only)
#GRUB_TERMINAL=console

# The resolution used on graphical terminal
# note that you can use only modes which your graphic card supports via VBE
# you can see them in real GRUB with the command `vbeinfo'
#GRUB_GFXMODE=640x480

# Uncomment if you don't want GRUB to pass "root=UUID=xxx" parameter to Linux
#GRUB_DISABLE_LINUX_UUID=true

# Uncomment to disable generation of recovery mode menu entrys
#GRUB_DISABLE_LINUX_RECOVERY="true"

This is really annoying, and ruins a lot of the enjoyment of XBMC on this machine.

Anyone got any ideas I can try, or perhaps even a solution?
Thanks, great webpage, but that did not help in my case, I already have all that stuff up to and including "More PolicyKit Settings". The rest I do not think is relevant in my case, right?

...and it still does not work, the machine immediately boots after suspending.
If you have any other USB device conneced I would suspect that you have enabled wake on all USB. I have seen some clever guides that recommends that.
this problem disappeared for me after updating the bios.
If nothing works, there's still an alternative: use this instead of the standard os suspend/resume. Worked perfectly and without tinkering on one of my machines.
vikjon0 Wrote:If you have any other USB device conneced I would suspect that you have enabled wake on all USB. I have seen some clever guides that recommends that.

Nope, no other USB devices connected currently. I occasionally have my Logitech Dinovo edge bluetooth dongle in the machine, but this happens even with this one not connected. Could have worked...

spiff Wrote:this problem disappeared for me after updating the bios.

What version did you update to? The 1.60 from 9/7/2009? Will have to check what I am on when I get home....

rickx Wrote:If nothing works, there's still an alternative: use this instead of the standard os suspend/resume. Worked perfectly and without tinkering on one of my machines.

Any specific guide for installing this, or does it just work after you install?
Might have to try this if the BIOS is already updated...

Thanks! At least now I have something new to try...
spiff Wrote:this problem disappeared for me after updating the bios.

Yup, seems to have fixed the issue! Now run 1.60, and as long as I do not have anything (except for the IR receiver ofcourse) in any USB port it will suspend.

Thanks for all the good input in this thread!

Have been pulling my hair over this one, and spent hours googling for a solution. Sometimes the solution is easier than you think!