Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [WINDOWS] A more content type
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, This may have been asked before but I cannot seem to find the information. I'm looking to add more content types to the Set Content menu. I have 100+ kid movies and even more non-kid movies. I would like to categorize all of the kid movies as "Kid Movies" and all the rest of my movies with the available content type "Movies". This would make browsing through the movies quicker and avoid my young children seeing some of the graphic cover art on the R movies. Is this possible? How can I accomplish this without separate accounts? Thanks in advance for any constructive assistance.
I am positive I have seen requests like yours before (you'll have to search I don't really remember the discussion)

One thing that comes to mind is "Smart PlayList" or browsing through Genres. Is that enough for your needs?
Thanks for the reply adsoto. I actually came across both of those solutions in my search. I didn't think either would be viable solutions, however I just played around with the smart playlists and it will suit my needs. Thanks.
You could create a "Kids Movies" set to collapse them into a virtual directory at the video library Title view.
I'm looking for a way to add my own Content Type as well and I'm frankly puzzled that this is not something anyone has found a solution for (or, I can't find it). The above mentioned workaround is not appealing to me...

Anyone know if it's possible?