Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Zelicious - a new skin concept for XBMC, open casting call for its skinning team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Project Zelicious is now hosting an open casting call until May 1st.

so, what's the big idea...
  • to make a gorgeous piece of eye candy that does what the team wants it to
  • to make a contribution back to this amazing community & OSS project
  • to bask in the praise and admiration of all those who fall in love with zelicious
so, whats the plan ...
  • testing & deployment will conclude in November
  • prior to that, development will conclude in September
  • prior to that, design will conclude in July
  • it all starts now... the planning phase will conclude May 1st
why should you care ...
  • if you are familiar with the creative process.
  • if you comprehend the mechanics of UI design
  • if you have code-monkey/skinning skills
    ... this is your chance to make a difference !!!
    ( also any1 in t-dot or the GTA can expect a few pints o' lager @ our team meetings )

Our team currently consists of ...
  • 1 professional business analyst & project manager (f/ a top 10 fortune 500 company)
  • 1 professional graphic designer (maintaining a websites for the f500 company)
  • 1 seriously hardcore xbmc fan & uber-g33k (a 5 yr anti-advocate of winBlows)
    ( me, me & me Nerd Laugh ... Confused )

this is day 2 of Ze. after May 1 the team will work behind closed doors until the fall, when we have something to share. anyone who want in @ the ground floor, drop me a line and start the conversation.

cheers
~z
Interested in anything I can do to help out.

My experience is coming from the skinning side with a focus on modifications and a fresh (from the ground floor up) concept in the works.
Hmm I like this when did Team Razorfish originally start MediaStream? 2008?

Sounds like a new project could be fun. I personally vote for something quite fanart orientated considering MediaStream is so texture based but that is just my lame opinion. Smile In saying that though I think there could be some very pretty things done by people as skilled as you appear to be.

Good start though that blue [SIZE=2]Zelicious is perty.

Cheers,
Crash
[/SIZE]
Hi Zosky....what's up buddy. Cool
I might be interested in coming out of retirement for this Nod.....my skills are a bit rusty, but I think I might be able to get back on track fairly quick. Talked to SlaveUnit at all?
Any update on this.... sounded like something quite special Huh

Wink
allmadthings Wrote:Any update on this.... sounded like something quite special Huh

Wink

Right? Is it just me, or shouldn't we have seen something by now?
any concept picsHuh
Project/idea was abandoned or never even started? Can never have enough skins. Smile