Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Lirc error "no userdata Lircmap.xml found, skipping"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I'm using XBMC together with VDR (yaVDR-Distribution).

In VDR and also with the command "irw" lirc runs well. But in XBMC it doesn't run. I alway get the following error

Code:
23:37:28 T:3078989696 M:2774708224   ERROR: special://profile/keymaps/Lircmap.xml Doesn't contain <keymap>
23:37:28 T:3078989696 M:2774708224    INFO: Loading special://xbmc/system/Lircmap.xml
23:37:28 T:3078989696 M:2774708224   DEBUG: CButtonTranslator::Load - no userdata Lircmap.xml found, skipping

I have tried/checked all the things from the XBMC-Wiki.

The only special thing I have is that my lirc-device runs on a different computer (IRTrans). The computer with XBMC connects to this computer with

Code:
REMOTE_LIRCD_ARGS="--connect=192.168.x.xx"

therefore I have no /dev/lirc0 or /dev/lirc and also no /etc/lirc/lircd.conf file on the computer with XBMC.

Does anybody have an idea?

Thanks
Lircmap.xml does not belong in keymaps, it belongs in userdata your profile directory
What version of XBMC are you using. I'm using live 9.11Repack.

Have you checked that within
/home/<profile username>/.xbmc/userdata/Lircmap.xml
exists and has the correct format (file structure)

Perhaps you should try this directory:
/home/<profile username>/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps/Lircmap.xml
since this is what is in your log. This doesn't seem the right location?

However check the structure of the .xml file make sure it looks like this. It must have a start and end <lircmap></lircmap>, like this:
Code:
<lircmap>
       <remote device="devicename">
               <XBMC_button>LIRC_button</XBMC_button>
       </remote>
  </lircmap>

If your using an older version then make sure your keymap has the remote section? see second link below.

see here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Lir...ircmap.xml
and here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Keymap.xml
Ok, I could solve the Problem.

I had the File in /.xbmc/userdata/keymaps/Lircmap.xml. Now I copied to /.xbmc/userdata/Lircmap.xml and everything works fine.

I use the version PRE-10.5 r27740

Thanks

dkell