Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: recently added videos in recent svn builds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I am trying recently svn builds and I've noticed that the recentlyadded python script that comes along the confluence skin has stopped working. The xbmc debug log says something like:

Code:
18:36:01 T:140137826216000 M:3031355392   DEBUG: ExecuteXBMCAction : Translating XBMC.RunScript(special://skin/scripts/RecentlyAdded.py,limit=4)
18:36:01 T:140137826216000 M:3031355392   DEBUG: ExecuteXBMCAction : To XBMC.RunScript(special://skin/scripts/RecentlyAdded.py,limit=4)
18:36:01 T:140137826216000 M:3031355392   ERROR: Could not find addon: skin/scripts/RecentlyAdded.py

Is there some quick workaround to solve this? Or does it need to be converted to an addon for it to work?
First of all, the svns are pretty unstable lately and it is advised that you don't use the svn after a certain number (which is listed specifically in the first article on the first page of xbmc.org titled "Impending Addons Merge").

Second of all, yes, I noticed in ronnie's updates in his googlecode page that he mentioned that recentlyadded could no longer be installed with the skin, and it has to be installed manually into the addons directory.

I was having trouble getting ANY addons working last time I checked the more recent svns though, so if it doesn't work, the key is patience.

But if you'd like to try, you will have to manually install it into the addons directory.
branlr Wrote:First of all, the svns are pretty unstable lately and it is advised that you don't use the svn after a certain number (which is listed specifically in the first article on the first page of xbmc.org titled "Impending Addons Merge").

Thanks, i know about the svn breakage but I was just curious to see the latests developments and I wanted to try some changes of my own. I am using a full backup of my .xbmc folder just in case... Laugh

Quote:Second of all, yes, I noticed in ronnie's updates in his googlecode page that he mentioned that recentlyadded could no longer be installed with the skin, and it has to be installed manually into the addons directory.

Could you please point me to that googlecode page? A quick search didn't get any results. Maybe I can also follow its development ...

Quote:But if you'd like to try, you will have to manually install it into the addons directory.

Thanks, is it just then a matter of copying the python script to .xbmc/addons to convert it to an addon ??

cheers,
feel free to download the updated recentlyadded script (thanx to Amet for fixing the script).
after downloading extract the zipfile to the xbmc/addons folder in your home directory.

next, in Home.xml and Startup.xml, find this string:
Code:
XBMC.RunScript(special://skin/scripts/RecentlyAdded.py,limit=4)
and change it to:
Code:
XBMC.RunScript(script.recentlyadded,limit=4)

since xbmc svn is still considered unstable, you get no guarantees,
no support and things are subject to change without notice. ;-)
Many thanks Ronie, I'll give the addon a try!

Let's see how long I can use svn without breaking anything... Laugh