Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Is there something like HTS TvHeadend but for FM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have set up back-end machine on Ubuntu with HTS TvHeadend. I use it to stream Live TV over local network to every PC in my house.

I'm loving it btw... :-)

Now, I have additional PCI tuner with FM and I'm looking for software like HTS TvHeadend but for FM. Basic idea is t use it for scanning available FM (using analogue antenna input), name them, and to stream them over the local network to Xbmc client PC's (just like TV).

Is there any known software for that.

I'm thankful for any suggestions.
why not using internet radio?
tudstudent Wrote:why not using internet radio?

I live in Croatia... There are only few of them, and have different standards, none of them are supported in Xbmc... :-(
Come on guys... Question like this can help XBMC having more options and possibilities...

Storm your brains, google, and help me out...
There is an Win app called DV Scheduler
http://www.cs.usyd.edu.au/~efax/DV%20Sch...tml#syntax

I have downloaded it and test it on spare Win box and it works with Xbmc...

Now, all I need is an Linux version of such software...
Hello Sasa_zagreb, I know understand your problem.

I have been testing with xbmc testing branch (testing2). In this branche there is already support for livetv (I tested with vdr).
If you go to live tv in xbmc there is also a radio tab for radio from your dvb adapter. So if your channels.conf (in my case for vdr) is containing channels for radio it should be working.

VDR is supporting all DVB devices you can name (S-C-T-analogue), I have no idea if tvheadend also does.

Bottom line, I think your request is already buildin in XBMC.
Tnx for reply...

I haven't used VDR so far (only HTS) because HTS works great with Xbmc and with local network (I have streamed Live TV to 10 PC boxes - Win, Lx and Mac).

I don't know if VDR supports different channels on different clients over network as HTS does, but I'll look into it.

However, since I have additional analogue pci card with FM tuner it should be great to find software like HTS for FM radio.

I have tried and tested over 1000 scripts and third party apps for xbmc, and will be glad to share experiences with you.
Oh, one more thing...

In IT middle age which is in Croatia, there is only digital TV (since 2010.) but FM radio stations are still using analogue broadcast (till 2011)...so it is impossible to scan FM stations via DVB-T...

But I strongly believe in Linux community to answer every challenge. Moreover, digital signal was born long after Linux stream abilities... ;-)
Here's the thing...

I have found out most of domestic FM stations using some sort of internet streaming (shoutcast, mms, etc.).

I have copied stream link for each station in separate *.strm file (with notepad, gedit, etc.) and saved all those files in folder 'Live FM' and shared it on network.

I have simply added that folder in Xbmc Music as source. It works like a charm (on all network computers).

It is not what I was getting on to do, but result is acceptable.

Guys from HTS said that FM scanning shouldn't be a bother and they will try to implement it in future versions. Smile

Hope it will not take too long...

If any alternatives to my original request, please let me know.

Tnx
Still I think you end up with a vdr with XBMC combination. Tvheadend is not capable of streaming analogue radio. See the website for info:

TVheadend

Thats what I meant (internet radio), see my first post!
tudstudent Wrote:Thats what I meant (internet radio), see my first post!

I know what u ment... I didn't want it, but for now I'll settle with it... VDR can stream only one channel to one box at the time so it is not good solution... or am I missing something?!

Anyhow, tnx for tip (internet radio) Smile
Good question, I have no idea if vdr can stream multiple streams.