Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Live & Squeezebox Server?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi - my first post! (Hope it's in the right place?).

Just setup XBMC Live - does anyone know if it's possible to install squeezebox server on xbmc live?

I've tried installing (seems to install from the logitech instructions) but doesn't appear to work. I installed Firefox via launcher and tried to connect to the squeezebox server setup page via http://myipaddress:9000 but the page is not found.

I've previously tried full ubuntu with xbmc (which did work with squeezebox server), but couldn't get the video stutter fixed- hence xbmc live.

Any suggestions welcome - thanks.
OK Guess - I might be the only one trying to do this!?
XBMC Live is basically a customized Ubuntu linux install with XBMC installed and made to start right up. Squeezebox server is a perl based web service that can be run on just about any OS. So you can put squeezebox on your XBMC Live box, although you'll have to deal with any extra libraries it might need as well as getting into a web browser (possibly from another machine) to configure it.
Thanks Keith - good news in theory that it should work. I've installed it all - but doesn't look like squeezebox server is starting automatically. When I try and start it manually I get a load of permissions errors on various files & folders. I'm thinking this might be a user permissions issue i.e. xbmc user vs squeezebox server user. I'm a Linux newbie so wondering how I can give the correct permissions to the xbmc user to allow them to start squeezebox server?
I've installed the squeezebox server using an rpm on Fedora as root, Ubuntu handles that stuff differently and I'm afraid I can't tell you much about it. I'd check out the squeezebox forums and see if people there can advise you.
Mysql is configured to listen on port 9092
Buy Firefly Media Server already has that port open.

3 ways around this - stop Firefly Media Server if you're not using it, or change the port it uses, or change the port Mysql uses.