Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 854x480 = green glitchy goodness
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone know much about this behavior? I currently run 9.04, but I've not heard anything about this being fixed. I use an Acer Revo (Atom 230, 9400M) with XBMC Live and any time I try to play a video that has a resolution of 854x480 with VDPAU, the video is just green artifacts the whole time. Doesn't seem to be dependent on container format or source. Sound is fine; this is just the video. Any help would be appreciated. I would even consider hacks like playing the video at 640x360 instead of native if there was a way for XBMC to auto-detect this. Thanks.
854 is not divisible by 8, so I suspect it's a VDPAU-ism. No idea whether it's fixed with new graphics drivers or not (and IMO less likely, a newer XBMC version).
it's fixed in newer xbmc's to the extent that vdpau is disabled for videos with these icky dimensions. the bug sits in the silicon, and as such cannot be fixed by updating drivers.
Great info. I had heard inklings that it was indeed a hardware issue, but I wasn't sure. Two followup questions for you:

1) Is it fixed in the current stable release, or is this one of the overnight builds?

2) By your estimation, does a single core atom stand a chance at decoding H.264 w/ AAC at that resolution?
fixed in svn after camelot. i suspect yes. i know for a fact they work just fine on my 330 (ted talks..)