Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Asus M2A-VM HDMI with live cd?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I downloaded the XBMC Live CD (9.11) and also tried the nightly build with no success on this motherboard. My system is setup to output audio/video on the HDMI cable. I've chosen ATI and ATI Safe with no success. The system boots and i end up on the login text screen. After logging in and then typing "startx" it looks like it loads and then i end up with only a blue screen on my vizio tv. When not choosing the safe mode I get the graphical XBMC loading screen also before i end up at the command prompt.

Has anyone had any success in getting the xbmc working on the Asus M2A-VM HDMI motherboard (latest non beta bios installed). Thanks..

John
I have the non-HDMI version of this board.

Unfortunately, the Radeon X1250 video integrated on the AMD 690G chipset is no longer supported by the ATI "fglrx" binary driver.

Your choices are to run an older Xorg version (ubuntu 8.10) for which the ati proprietary drivers still work or try an "XBMCbuntu" type install but using the ATI "radeon" open source driver. While the performance and compatibility of this driver are improving, it is still not great for XBMC.

I would suggest buying a new cheap 512 mb nvidia card (8400GS or GT210 based) and so you can use the hardware accelerated video features of VDPAU.

Alternately, you could try a windows build.