Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Rss News feed over video during playback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

This may sound a little odd, but recently I've been wondering about RSS feeds. The home window of many of the skins allows for the RSS feed which is a feature that I love. Is it at all possible to have the RSS ribbon overlayed over the the video while watching the shows? I am after something similar to the morning tv shows and some news broadcasts as I don't seem to watch live tv much and sometimes start to feel a little disconnected.

I know I could always check out a news site online, but this is a featur that I would love. Maybe I could help develop an add on of some description (dunno how much help i'd be but hey, I'll give it a damn good shot!).

Anyway... any ideas would be great.

Cheers,

vknutt
I was wondering the same exact thing but in my case I would like to add this feature while watching NHL Gamecenter through Carb0's add-on. Having NHL scoring updates show up in real time would be awesome! I am just starting to look into this, did you have any luck getting this project going?
You would need to modify the xml files. Assuming I do not have them backward

VideoFullScreen.xml is what is used in standard video.
VideoOSD.xml is used in live tv

Look at home.xml to see how the rss feed was done there. You will need to add it to one or both xml files.
(2013-11-15, 17:09)eracknaphobia Wrote: [ -> ]I was wondering the same exact thing but in my case I would like to add this feature while watching NHL Gamecenter through Carb0's add-on. Having NHL scoring updates show up in real time would be awesome! I am just starting to look into this, did you have any luck getting this project going?

I'm not much of a skinner, but I found this: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=77148