Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Problem with Remote Mapping for FullScreen in latest SVN
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all.

This is my first post here as a new user. So please be gentle.Smile

I have been using the stable 9.11 release of xbmc live on a Mini-itx ION 330 motherboard for some time. And thought that I would like to experiment with the latest SVN builds.

Last night I re-installed xbmc using the XCI project script, on top of a minimal ubuntu karmic installation. The installation went very well with no problems.

I have been using an MCE remote control which also seems to work right of the box, as the wiki says.

However I have noticed that as soon as I use the latest SVN. One particular button fails to operate. This is the button mapped in the remote.xml file
called display.

It is mapped as such <display>FullScreen</display> pressing this button has no effect at all. I have not changed or edited the remote.xml files, I simply looked at them to determine how this key is mapped.

If I drop back to the 9.11 release using the XCI script. Then all is well, and this button operates. As soon as I change back to the SVN release, just this one button fails again, all others are fine.

The TAB key on the keyboard is also mapped to "FullScreen" and this function works fine in all releases.

I have tried using a new remote.xml file, and mapping FullScreen to a different button. However, in the SVN release this too fails to work, but is fine in the stable 9.11 release, hence proving that I mapped it correctly.

Not having the Fullscreen function available on the remote means that should a menu button be pressed while playing a movie, there is no way back to the fullscreen movie, without reaching for the keyboard and pressing the TAB key.

The same mapping files, "Keyboard" and "Remote.xml" have been used while testing both SVN and stable releases. So I can confirm there are no errors in these. Since all works fine on 9.11.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Pete
Hi.

Can anyone else just check and confirm this for me ?

Thanks

Pete
Um, I wonder if this has anything to do with it...

Quote:perl -pi.bak -e 's:<display>Aspect</display>:<display>Teletext</display>:g; s:<teletext>Teletext</teletext>::' /usr/share/xbmc/system/Lircmap.xml

Not sure why this was changed and I have no idea when I started changing it, but some months ago I added that to my personal SVN buildscript for some reason, while having the problems you describe with the MCE remote. It's monday, so I'll revisit it if you still can't get it to work.
Hi

Very many thanks for your reply.

It's possible that may have bearing on the problem.
The MCE remote I am using is this one from Maplins in the UK

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?moduleno=218643

While using the Live 9.11 repack cd it all worked fine. But once I moved up to the later SVN releases. This issue with the FullScreen mapping appeared.

Originally (in 9.11 live) pressing the Teletext button on the remote worked FullScreen fine. I assumed (maybe wrongly of course being a new user of XBMC) that this was due to the default "<display>FullScreen</display>"
entries that are in the remote.xml file. Since I could not find any other reference to "FullScreen"

I played around yesterday for a good few hours and found the very useful irw command. Pressing the Text button on the remote of course verified "Teletext" so quite how it originally worked in 9.11Live is a mystery now Huh

I have got it all working now by remapping the FullScreen function to a different button (the star one in fact). Using "<star>FullScreen</star>"

Regards

Pete
it used to be mapped to the teletext button. since we now have teletext support it had to be moved. i moved it to the 'aspect' button since my mce remote (the one shipped with the asrock 330ht) has one. apparently it's not generally avail. it will be handled before release.
Thanks for the clarification Spiff.

It seems there are many different variations of MCE remote.
Trying to cater for them all must be a real problem. Nod

Regards

Pete