Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: nVidia HDMI Audio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have this issue that i am trying to resolve and hopefully some can help me out. When i run xbmc live i get no audio from the HDMI from the video card but I do receive video. When I run Windows 7 I can get audio from the HDMI port and i works through xbmc. Is there a way to get the audio to work through the HDMI port when running xbmc live as I don't wish to run it under windows.

Thanks.....
Yeah, you just have to select "hdmi" in the audio passthrough settings in XBMC.
Goto system page and choose the system tab and then scroll to audio input. You will then find a selection of audio settings to play with... you may need to try a few different seetings to get the one that works best for your set up Smile
What are you connecting to? I had been using this just fine until my Denon receiver was updated, and now I can no longer get HDMI audio to work with XBMC Live, but it does work fine under Windows. I've tried a variety of options, and the latest nvidia drivers, and nothing works for me.
I'm having the same problem: No audio over HDMI (Acer Revo 3610) after firmware update of my Denon AVR-3310.

Mitch
Mitch23 Wrote:I'm having the same problem: No audio over HDMI (Acer Revo 3610) after firmware update of my Denon AVR-3310.

Mitch

Please report this to Denon. I have, and the tech support guy said he'd pass it on to an engineer.

I've ordered a 3x1 HDMI switch and am going to try putting that between the PC and the receiver. I've heard of people having trouble getting two hdmi devices to talk before and that has worked for them. I'll report back if that works.
hdmi is such a frak'en kludge. The DRM requirements have really ruined a nice video/audio interface.
Quote:Please report this to Denon. I have, and the tech support guy said he'd pass it on to an engineer.

I'll do it later because german support isn't available at the moment

Quote:In der Zeit vom 3. Mai bis einschließlich 10. Mai 2010 ist unser gesamtes Team auf der HighEnd in München für Sie im Einsatz.
Ab dem 11. Mai 2010 beantworten wir dann gerne wieder Ihre Anfragen per E-Mail oder Telefon.
Mitch23 Wrote:I'll do it later because german support isn't available at the moment

That's what you call "dedicated" customer support Laugh
hey OP:

version of linux? "uname -r"
version of alsa? "cat /proc/asound/version"
version of nvidia drivers?
output of "aplay -l"?
output of "aplay -L"?

could be as simple as adding your user to the audio group.
could be as troublesome as manually upgrading alsa and/or writing a custom asound.conf

more details are needed.

cheers,
d
Well Mitch I tried putting an HDMI switch between the PC and the receiver, no luck with that. I know there was little chance of that working, but I had heard of it helping some people who were having trouble with finicky displays in the past. This is incredibly frustrating for me. Everything was working flawlessly prior to that firmware update. I haven't had any further word from Denon support either.
I have tried multiple settings and still cant get the hdmi audio to work. Any other suggestions.
I'm running into this same issue, any way to roll back the firmware on the Denon. Just got my 3310 the other day and didn't realize this firmware update would break this important feature for me.

Frustrating.
Plecebo Wrote:I'm running into this same issue, any way to roll back the firmware on the Denon. Just got my 3310 the other day and didn't realize this firmware update would break this important feature for me.

Frustrating.

What PC are you using? There were some beta drivers put out recently, I don't know if that changes things or not as I switched to a Zotac box and have managed to get HDMI audio working with it. But that has an updated Ion chipset so it may be different enough for the Denon to work with.
Have you tried this yet? That's what I always do and works every time for me.
Pages: 1 2