Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Is there a way I can use my Universal Remote with my AppleTV?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Im running the newest SVN of XBMC on my AppleTV. Is it possible for me to use my Universal Remote to control the AppleTV? I taught my Remote the controls from the Apple Remote. But the functions are very limited. Woudnt it be possible for me to get an old remote and let XBMC recognize the Infrared signals from that old Remote? That way i could simply learn the buttons from the old Remote to my Universal Remote.

Thanks!
xploid Wrote:Hello,

Im running the newest SVN of XBMC on my AppleTV. Is it possible for me to use my Universal Remote to control the AppleTV? I taught my Remote the controls from the Apple Remote. But the functions are very limited. Woudnt it be possible for me to get an old remote and let XBMC recognize the Infrared signals from that old Remote? That way i could simply learn the buttons from the old Remote to my Universal Remote.

Thanks!

Try it Smile
How? ^^ I dont have a clue how to do that.
Xploid, to be fair your idea seems a little strange.

The ATV was designed to except signals from the mac remote which has six buttons.

Therefore thats as much as your universal remote can take.

I don't know if its possible to use a harmony remote on ATV, if it is you want to add PLEX as a device in the harmony software.
I use a harmony remote on the ATV/XBMC setup I have. I added appletv as a device through the logitech/harmony website.

But 6 buttons is all you get. I got the directional buttons, the menu buttons and the center select button. I'm pretty sure I searched these forums and found all the info I needed to set it up. It was a few months back so I don't remember the exact links...but...I'm not particularly bright..so if I could figure it out...well..Smile
Add PLEX as a device in the harmony software, PLEX not appletv.