Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: customXX.xml files not found
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have been getting my skin mod ready for the release of 10.05 and have found that since sshcs windows build 29126 that XBMC can not longer find any of my customXX.xml files.

The debug log shows the following error when I try to access the custom window :- 'ERROR: Unable to locate window with id 50. Check skin files'.
I have tried changing the window id from 50 to 1150 with no success. The current file name is :- 'custom50_System.xml', but have tried naming the file the same way than PM3.HD and Confluence do with no change in behaviour.

Now I'm pretty sure it's probably the developers tightening up things, but I can't seem to see anything in the change log to suggest what the problem is.

What changed since after build 28988 that broke my skin? And what do I need to do to fix things?

Wyrm (xTV SAF)
My skin, Confluence and T! are all using some sort of customXX.xml files. Those 3 seem fine for me at least...I tried a SVN about a month ago, ugh way too much breakage, so far 29717 seems very good. Definitely good enough to start laying down some 'base' work for the merge.
mcborzu Wrote:My skin, Confluence and T! are all using some sort of customXX.xml files. Those 3 seem fine for me at least...I tried a SVN about a month ago, ugh way too much breakage, so far 29717 seems very good. Definitely good enough to start laying down some 'base' work for the merge.

mcborzu,

don't doubt that the newer skins would not have any problems. Most of the code base of my mod has not changed probably since xTV was originally written. Things move on and ways of doing things change. As I said was Very likely just the developers tightening up on something that broke the skin. All that I know is SVN 29126 was the first build were my old customXX.xml files started to fail. Now I'm not sure, but it's probably something as simple as the file name of the file being incorrectly laid out.

I downloaded builds until I found the first build where the files did not work (and the debug error message was listed) and then checked the xbmc change log for a hint. Nothing stood out, so not really sure how to proceed on this. I know that 50 is not a real good window id for the file, but I have tried 1150 (which I thought was clear from a skin and XBMC point of view) with no luck.

I don't mind someone pointing out what a burk I am as I am still learning this gig (time to chuck it in when there's nothing left to learn).

Wyrm (xTV SAF)
@wyrm: There was a short period (which may be a couple hundred commits given our development speed) where customXX.xml files weren't loading. Check something really recent to see whether it works there before spending too much time on it.

Cheers,
Jonathan
jmarshall Wrote:@wyrm: There was a short period (which may be a couple hundred commits given our development speed) where customXX.xml files weren't loading. Check something really recent to see whether it works there before spending too much time on it.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Jonathan,

Sorry mate, just tried 29791 from sshcs (windows dx installer under winXP) with the same result. Debug log still gives the error :- 'ERROR: Unable to locate window with id 50. Check skin files'.

Now I would do as you suggest and just let it go for the time being, but it's all of my skin settings windows. Also I can't get to the xbmc settings menus, as I get there via the custom system menu (which XBMC can't find). As mcborzu pointed out, it seems to be working fine for other skin, so it's my skins problem.

I'm pretty sure the problem is that the goal posts (or the field markers really) have moved slightly, and I am now standing out of the field. It's a mod of an old skin, so no doubt things have moved on some. I have had similar problems with the skin in the past, but the solution was pretty obvious after looking at Confluence. Solution does not really jump out at me this time. Oh BTW, have tried changing the naming of the file and changing the window id from 50 to 1150 with no result.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)
Check you have actually specified the id in the XML files.
I gave this a solid 30-45min, couldn't figure it out....

1. I can get to settings by changing:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(50)</onclick>
to
<onclick>ActivateWindow(settings)</onclick>

2. Can't for the life of me get into any customXX.xml. I tried:

1. The button definably works, changing it to open MyVideoNav works..
2. It's not a PAL structure problem, backrow skin works
3. Even putting confluence's custom_SkinSetting_1111.xml didn't work, even though the textures and whatnot aren't there is should activate?

I'm not that familiar with the PAL folder structure but comparing it to Backrow, which works, they both seem the same and both using id=56 for skin settings...
It may be due to the fallback stuff perhaps - what are the <defaultresolution> and <defaultresolutionwide> set to?
jmarshall Wrote:It may be due to the fallback stuff perhaps - what are the <defaultresolution> and <defaultresolutionwide> set to?

Jonathan,

<defaultresolution> set to pal
<defaultresolutionwide> set to pal16x9

Don't think it will help, but if you require it I can post a debug log. Just sing out.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)
mcborzu Wrote:I gave this a solid 30-45min, couldn't figure it out....

mcborzu,

thanks for looking over my shoulder on this one, but please don't waste too much time on it. After all I think you have a more important assignment due on the 14th.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)
also thought i take a shot at it, if i set <defaultresolution> and <defaultresolutionwide> to 720p
and move all xml files to the 720p folder, things work fine again.

no idea why though.
Hi guys - not sure if it's related but I've noticed with the newer builds that <defaultresolutionwide> in skin settings doesn't seem to be working right for me.

In Back-Row everything is being read from the PAL folder instead of the PAL16X9 folder (which is what's I have specified for widescreen).

If I put the files in the 720p folder it will read from there even though 720p isn't specified in <defaultresolutionwide> but like I say not from the PAL16X9 - it seems to be defaulting to the 720p folder - as ronie has observed.
Sharpe Wrote:Hi guys - not sure if it's related but I've noticed with the newer builds that <defaultresolutionwide> in skin settings doesn't seem to be working right for me.

In Back-Row everything is being read from the PAL folder instead of the PAL16X9 folder (which is what's I have specified for widescreen).

If I put the files in the 720p folder it will read from there even though 720p isn't specified in <defaultresolutionwide> but like I say not from the PAL16X9 - it seems to be defaulting to the 720p folder - as ronie has observed.

Don't mean to be a pain on this, but has any progress been made on this? Has not been fixed as of build 29791. Should we post a ticket on this one?

Wyrm (xTV SAF)
jmarshall Wrote:@wyrm: There was a short period (which may be a couple hundred commits given our development speed) where customXX.xml files weren't loading. Check something really recent to see whether it works there before spending too much time on it.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Jonathan,

Don't like to bump things, but I did as you suggested and just got on with things. Tried official nightly build 31122 and I'm still have the problem that my customXX.xml files are not being found. The skin is currently coded for PAL, PAL16x9 and it seems this is the reason the customXX.xml files are not being seen. The current debug log does not even say that these files have a problem (as it did for earlier builds), it just says it can't find the file.

Am I to assume that xbmc will no longer support anything codewise in a lower resolution than 720p, or is this a bug that has been forgotten about?

Now the medium term plan is to move the skin to 720p, but as you can imagine this is going to involve a bit of work, and my users are screaming for a update. Where do I go from here?

Wyrm (xTV SAF)
I guess your just going to have to send him or maybe me the skin so we can test it
Pages: 1 2