Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Minority Report with XBMC[Tech similar to Natal Used with XBMC]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've just found a presentation of new technology similar to Microsoft Project Natal. And guess what... in the demonstration they are using XBMC Smile
Check this out... XBMC comes out about 7:15.
Thanks for sharing, that was awesome!
So, how does one implement this now? It seems to function fine with xbmc already!
Wow. That is soo awesome. It is great that xbmc keeps pushing the envelope. That company has really developed the software aswell. Can anyone get their hands on a demo that we could get thru xbmc. That would be incredible!
Seriously?

It's a hell of a lot more effort (and slower) than pressing a button with my thumb.
if i wanna play a game, i wanna chill and lay around like i'm drunked...
I dont wanna act like I'm playing dance dance revolution on meth...
That was pretty nifty. As it relates to XBMC: neat, but ... well, I'll just stick with neat for now. I personally like the idea of getting rid of remotes exclusively because then there won't be any more remote questions, but I could see about a billion "my arm gesture didn't move the screen" questions to follow.

Either way, neat.
Yes, I have to agree with the consensus on this one. Awesome technology...I'd definitely want to play with it. But for the purposes of watching a movie, I still can't find anything that works faster than my XB1 controller. 1 down, A, 1 down, A, Right trigger till I find what I want. If I had to wave my arm down for every single movie in my collection, I'd look like the worlds strongest compulsive masturbator before I got to the M's.
That looks good for gaming but i'm confused as to how it would benefit xbmc...
looks cool Smile

I'm not sure yet whether this kind of user system interaction will be a temporary hype, or something that proofs to be a really natural way of interacting with devices. Only time will tell...