Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Remote problem when XBMC runed, please help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everybody,

I'm having a problem with my remote control which i use with an serial IR reciever via an USB -> SERIAL cable.
Everything works under windows but when I run XBMC, the remote does not work anymore... it's like the IR reciever doesn't recieve any signal of the remote.

I can't find any response on google so i really need your help!

Thx,

Kwartz
Up Smile
Wait at least 24 hrs before bumping. 1 hour is just ridiculous.
kwartz Wrote:Hello everybody,

I'm having a problem with my remote control which i use with an serial IR reciever via an USB -> SERIAL cable.
Everything works under windows but when I run XBMC, the remote does not work anymore... it's like the IR reciever doesn't recieve any signal of the remote.

I can't find any response on google so i really need your help!

Thx,

Kwartz

check out the first few pages of the
XBMC Tips, Tricks, and HOW-TO (Step-by-Step Guides) section

plenty of threads on how to setup a remote in xbmc...it all depends on what type of remote you have
Sorry for the quick UP Sad

I tried everything which i founded on the net and I despair. I read all the topics all the tutorials, I am now in your hands! I use my tv remote, it sends IR codes (left, right, recieved by IRAssistant...) and translates like a keyboard press for XBMC. it works very well under windows but my problem is that when XBMC is started, the remote doen't work anymore. It's like if XBMC neutralizes all IR reception from IRAssistant.

Maybe an native IR function of XBMC? If so, is it possible to disable it?

Many thanks,