Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Upgrading to latest stable nightly build?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need to do this to fix the audio sync bug in Camelot. I have a minimal install of Jaunty with camelot installed, and startup script to boot directly into XBMC.

I want to upgrade to the last SVN version of XBMC that the dev team stated before the freeze. (what build # was that?). I will be backing up my current install with CloneZilla before starting this process.

I figure that this would also be a good time to upgrade Jaunty to Karmic, and then upgrade XBMC to the last suggested SVN release prior to the freeze.

Can somebody walk me through the best steps for completing this and which order to go with? I do not have a problem compiling XBMC from source, I just want to get that specific SVN version.

Will I uninstall my existing version of XBMC? Or can I upgrade it via the SVN installation? Thanks for any help with this.

-hogfan
The last stable SVN before the merge was 28276.

If you already have upgraded to Karmic, you can:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc-svn/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install xbmc xbmc-standalone
sudo apt-get update

This will bring you to SVN 28256, which may be enough to correct your issue.
There is no such thing as a "stable" nightly build. By definition they're not "stable". Some might be relatively stable, but they're under development and may contain bugs, incomplete or missing features, etc.
Thanks for the instructions on upgrading. Also, I am aware the SVN nightly builds are not "stable" per say. I was simply looking for the latest SVN build before the merge. I do not mind running SVN versions and testing out new features. Since the merge I have heard that SVN versions have been pretty buggy due to all of the changes/improvements, so I will stay away from those for now.

-hogfan