Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LIVE] Fast audio/video confusion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, I'm a complete noob when it comes to XBMC and home audio in general, so I apologize if I sound totally stupid.

I recently purchased an Acer Aspire Revo, and I followed the Lifehacker (http://lifehacker.com/5391308/build-a-si...-the-cheap) guide exactly while getting it set up for the first time. Now, I have a Yamaha RX - V365 receiver, which I realized after purchasing does not do audio over HDMI, so my setup is currently my Revo with an HDMI cable running into the HDMI in on my Samsung LCD TV, and then the stereo red and white cables running from my TV to the receiver for my sound. I know this isn't giving me 5.1 sound, but that has never really bothered me.

Until recently, this setup worked perfectly for me, but I realized a few days ago that some cartoons and other shows I have downloaded are playing with their audio and video just a tiny bit too fast, but enough to be noticeable. After lurking this forum for a bit, it seems to be that this problem is related to the khz of the show not being supported, which results in the fast audio/video.

So I guess my question is: Exactly where in my setup as described above would the audio/video problem be caused? In my Audio Hardware settings page of XBMC, I have the output set as Analog and the audio output device set as HDMI. The passthrough device is grayed out. I have an optical digital audio out connection on the back of my TV, so if I use the optical audio connection from the TV to the receiver, would that possibly fix my audio/video speed issue? If so, when I change the output to "digital" in the Audio Hardware settings, what do I have type in as the audio output device and the passthrough device?

Again, I apologize if I've said something obviously dumb, but I know little to nothing at all about XBMC/Linux, so I don't know if there are custom configurations or something I have to create, or where or how I would implement them. Thanks for any help you can give me.
Is there other info I need to provide? Sorry, a lot of this is still completely foreign to me. Blush