Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LIVE] How do you save to external drive in sabnzbd?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just installed SABnzbd onto an XBMC Live system through ssh. The hardware is an Acer Aspire Revo 1600.

I have plugged a USB fantom 2tb hard drive into the Revo. XBMC Live automatically mounts and reads my media from it. But what do I put into the completed downloads field so SABnzbd saves to it? I can't figure out the proper path.

The drive is named "fanmon". Ive tried:

//Fanmon/
\Volumes\Fanmon

but none work. I think the second is actually for OS X but I tried it anyway. XBMC is based on linux.

Thanks for the help.
look for something under /mnt or /media
it may be given the UUID instead of the traditional /dev name

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UsingUUID
/media is the default place, however depending on the partition type it could either be filed under the UUID or the partition name.

Code:
ls /media
[b]OR[/b]
df -h -x tmpfs

Either of those should reveal the drive and it's location. The second will help if you have a few drives plugged in, but have different sizes or something. Also if the drive in a linux native format you will need to make sure sabnzbdConfusedabnzbd has read/write permissions to the drive.

Code:
chown -R sabnzbd:sabnzbd /path/to/drive

Good luck. I have SABnzbd setup with SickBeard sorting and scraping all my media onto 5 different drives based on name and category. This is on a 24/7 XBMC-Live box. After the 10th or so time setting it up you will be able to do it in your sleep.