Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Scraper works but ART it is not shown
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Folks,

i just reinstalled my XBMC box. Nearly everything works fine.

When i scrape all my series it seems to work.
The Progress Bar shows up, all episodes and series are beein listed under TV Shows.

But no art is beeing shown, no posters and banners, and no episode summaries etc.

Any idea how to fix this ?
Switching views and scrapers did not solve the problem.
Seems all info is beeing downloaded but then kind of discarded ?!

Added is an excerpt of the log showing the scraping moment. looks fine to me.
http://pastebin.com/ncAVnavH

Any help would be great.
I traced the problem a bit further:

I am using SickBeard to keep track of my episodes.
That program uses a "cache" and "Logs" directory in every TV Series folder.

That must cause problems for xbmcs scraper, because if i delete those logs the scraping in xbmc works.

Can that behaviour be corrected in any way to ingore those needed subfolders ?
There doesnt appear to be anything wrong from that log. What are the contents of the cache and log folders? When they exist, are the episodes in the library playable or not? Try to test this with either a brand new series, or start over with a fresh library.
Rather than start a new thread I am going to continue on this one.

This is because sickbeard creates a .nfo file which does not reference fan art etc. XBMC uses this for the information in the gui rather than pulling it from the tvdb or whatever scraper you are using.

If you rename the .nfo to .bak, rescan the files then put the .nfo name back both sickbeard and XBMC will function correctly.

However this is quite annoying, this is an interop issue between the way sickbeard and xbmc use nfos. This has already been raised on the sickbeard side of things with various solutions suggested such as creating a tvshow.sb

http://code.google.com/p/sickbeard/issue...ry%20Stars

However what I would like to know is can I set XBMC to never use nfos, this would not be the best solution but would be a decent workaround for now.