Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [BUGS] and missing items
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
MUSIC - music home screen
in the music section, i use the screen where you can select genre/artist/album/title/year/... as my home screen...
also i prefere in that view the 3d square(show fanart, but this view is not nice at the moment... what can i do to have
nice icons and the fitting fanarts for that background? where i have to place them? want to create some, are you
interested in that so you can use it by nativ...

music home screen

MUSIC - music album screen
this view shows you the problem with the cover texture: title/text on the borders is difficult to read, somtimes
impossible... there is no problem when the cover is a pic an the text is in the middle, but alot is on the edge... and this
problem is not only for music, also for movies, tv shows and so on...

you cut alot on each cover, for music it is round 3,5% on each side, round 7% horizontal and 7% vertical, a 500x500px
goes down to 465x465 by this cutting, so the surface is reduced by 13,5% without to take the rounded corners into
this account! Thats too much! I think the rounded corners are on, but please dont cut the rest of the covers!!! Look at
the screenshots and you know what i mean...

a comparison screenshot-original cover: look at left/upper corner!

the fitting total view

one more comparison screenshot-original cover: look at the upper kraftwerk tag!

the fitting total view

another comparison screenshot-orig.cover: look at each single figure!
MOVIE - movie home screen
in movie home screen i prefer the file view without poster... in the following screenie you can see that there is a space
in front of the movie "das kabinett des doctor parnassus"... there is normaly the "watched" icon, but i have switched
off that funktion, cause i prefer the view without theses information... they look "unquiet" for me... but the space is
still there...

the movie home view

MOVIE - movie info screen
you see that i prefere the clean file view for the home screen, so i work a lot with the info screen - on video settings i
selected "show information" as default select action...

so i have so suggestions for this screen... the situation at the moment is als fallowing:
  • the order for the menu items is CAST - PLAY (preselected) - REFRESH - GET THUMB - GET FANART - TRAILER
  • on the screen you can find title, tagline, some information (director/staff/studio/genre/...), plot, 2x extrathumb
    and flags - the "normal" info screen
  • this info view is shown by moving on each menu item EXCEPT on "get fanart" - here you can see the current
    fanart as kind of a preview...

My Suggestions: (have a look on the following screenshots)
  • change the order of the menu items to PLAY (preselected) - CAST - TRAILER - REFRESH - GET FANART -
    GET THUMB for a better using order
  • change the view only by moving around the menu items (like now on GET FANART) for all menu items:
    • the "normal" info screen on PLAY;
    • the cast screen on CAST (not only by press select - even by movin on this menu item);
    • a trailer thumb (plays by pressing select) or a nice fitting pic "no trailer available" on TRAILER (like the view
      for GET FANART);
    • the "normal" info screen again on REFRESH;
    • the current fanart preview on GET FANART;
    • a current thumb preview on GET THUMB (like the view for fanart)
  • usefull corrections on the "normal" info screen like:
    • the space between tagline and some information (director/staff/studio/genre/...) - why is this so big?;
    • the width from the lines for some information (director/staff/studio/genre/...) should fit to the width of the
      plot, maybe add an scrolling effect...
    • by correction the space under tagline you can get more lines for the plot;
    • maybe one more extrathumb and maybe random cycling for all extrathumbs;
    • if possible, when movin on the new CAST item (like above) you dont have to press select, only by moving up
      and down to get picture of each actor, and when moving right and left to get the other menu items - all
      without press selecting... so if you move up/down from an actor to an other the menu item is still selected,
      at the moment it is not!

the "normal" info screen

the actors view

the get thumb view

MOVIE - video settings screen
im a little bit confused, cause you created a new folder "extrafanart"... i know such a folder from other skins, but here
the name was still "extrathumb"; also by using ember media manager you can get these folder - but the name you have
given to this is new... why did you call it not "extrathumbs" too?!?

the video settings view

thats all for now, but i think thats a lot... hope you dont hate me now and these things will help you... if you have a question, please let me know...
hi danielocean. have you jumped from showmix to this skin now? Big Grin
good spotting the date\time placement. i agree with u there. will maybe look strange with the library totals under the time tho.
also agree with u on the weather thingy. should be left to right.
zwat Wrote:hi danielocean. have you jumped from showmix to this skin now? Big Grin
yup... hear nothing from Andy or Azido, and showmix is dead... and for me night
is like an showmix/aeon evolution...

zwat Wrote:good spotting the date\time placement. i agree with u there. will maybe look strange with the library totals under the time tho.
what do you mean?! make a screenshot...

zwat Wrote:also agree with u on the weather thingy. should be left to right.
i think my proposal is a good way... but wait, want to know what mcborzu said about this...

What do you think about the other things?! the aquamarin bar on tv show view for example?!
Danielocean Wrote:and for me night
is like an showmix/aeon evolution...!
for me it's a dark alaska.

Danielocean Wrote:what do you mean?! make a screenshot...
turn on global clock and u probably will see it.

Danielocean Wrote:What do you think about the other things?! the aquamarin bar on tv show view for example?
don't realy bother me. same color as time and title.

i'm workin on a mod of this skin now. combining the views i like with delayed infoscreen. first time i try to code a skin so it's goin slow as a snail on glue.
Have to agree regarding the weather was something i kept meaning to pop into here but never got around to.
Regarding the covers again I agree but since i use my own view for music no really an issue for me
the extrafanart is DIFFERENT to extra thumbs and I love it you need another folder called "extrafanart" and drop all your fanart in there
It then scrolls through these very cool.
I believe the now watched space is being looked into allready.
Ram2000 Wrote:Have to agree regarding the weather was something i kept meaning to pop into here but never got around to.
Regarding the covers again I agree but since i use my own view for music no really an issue for me
I believe the now watched space is being looked into allready.
Thanx for your statemant!

Ram2000 Wrote:the extrafanart is DIFFERENT to extra thumbs and I love it you need another folder called "extrafanart" and drop all your fanart in there.
It then scrolls through these very cool.
In my extrathumb folder, there are all fanarts from each movie, it is placed in each movie folder...
And what is the difference to this extrafanart?! fo me its still the same...
aint extrathumb = small pictures
and extrafanart = fullscreen pictures?
I'm touching some of these as I speak...Oh and yes somebody brought up that "watched" status spacing issue. I already fixed that on my end.

Extrafanart, well it kind of just sprung up. No real reason behind the naming other than it describes what it is. Though there is a good, unintentional, reason for it not to be called 'extrathumbs'. Myself, and maybe others, have Ember resize the extrathumbs. No reason XBMC to load a 1080 image when most extrathumbs used in skins are small. Helps speed things up when they are 500x281. So if those are used as fanart the would look all stretched out...
@Danielocean

Just noticed you had a post on the last page too. Yes I am/will look into the first post you had on music vis changes. It's just Monday-Wendsday I have little time and then yesterday I had an idea for a new skin so I made some mockups while the idea is fresh so I don't forget.

Right now, late Friday, is first time I got to start looking/coding...
Not going to call it a bug but more something wrong with my system.

Running ATV with NAS, OSX, current SVN....

Can not seem to make TV logos show up. If I run the script to download them, it finds all TV shows and the logos for them (it doesn't download because it finds the logos).

BUT, they do not show up in different views!

Any ideas?
No clue, obviously there be a ton of posts if they weren't showing up for others.

I just put r32525 on, everything is fine on my end...Maybe a debug log will help.
@Danielocean

Had a little time to knock some of the suggestions out:

I only did the Home screen Music Global Now playing to test out. I do like the look and spacing on this change. Is this more what you were thinking.

There will be a very little cutoff no matter what because I have to blur the outer edge so that the image when tilted won't have "jaggies". But I think I might switch to regular box look and not the rounded corners.

*I'll have more time this weekend to look into some of the other suggestions. Thx again, and feel free to give any suggestions. Though give me a little time to try these out first.
mcborzu Wrote:No clue, obviously there be a ton of posts if they weren't showing up for others.

I just put r32525 on, everything is fine on my end...Maybe a debug log will help.

Here is a section of debug where it is trying to load the logos:

http://pastebin.com/gH7GUmq4
mcborzu Wrote:@Danielocean

Had a little time to knock some of the suggestions out:

I only did the Home screen Music Global Now playing to test out. I do like the look and spacing on this change. Is this more what you were thinking.

There will be a very little cutoff no matter what because I have to blur the outer edge so that the image when tilted won't have "jaggies". But I think I might switch to regular box look and not the rounded corners.

*I'll have more time this weekend to look into some of the other suggestions. Thx again, and feel free to give any suggestions. Though give me a little time to try these out first.

did not think that it goes so fast!!! Your my man!!!

The both screenies looks very good, really very goood! the now playing widget is now PERFECT!!! and the new cover boxes look much much better! now i cant identify any cut off, so now it dosnt matter that there is a small one - and thats a very good result!

and i can imagine that it is more than just a small move... but i dont know how to do... thats not my world, so i only can do suggestions and ideas... sorry for that...

i never said that you have to do all these things in 5 minutes... that are all suggestions and it is still your skin!!! im happy if you think about some ideas, and maybe you will make the one or two things... but i think you live not only for skinning, so it will take time!

one question: whats your first thinking of my suggestion about the movie info screen!? are they realistic?!

thanks for thinkin about my ideas...!