Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [BUGS] and missing items
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First off - I just downloaded and started using NIGHT this week and it's my fave to date!

I didn't see this noted yet. When I go to add a new source - and then select "add network location" the prior ("Browse for new share") screen is still showing so the 2 overlap.

And unrelated question? Is there a way to change the (small) icons that display next to the different types of sources...and also the larger versions which display in the screen corner when a source is selected? Same for the add source and other similar windows in general...such as the Add-Ons menu. I'd like to change the background color to Black (or better yet -transparent) and have the text be white or some other light color. Essentially like all the other settings menus. I really like the "night" colors and the white is a bit "bright".

Awesome work on this skin though. I plan to explore more of the customization aspects when I have more time. But this skin gets high ratigs on the WAF and with the kids.

Oh, whole other question - my download speed is unfortunatley a bit slow for trailers in real time...but is there a way to have the skin (or is it an XBMC function?) only display the "press down" when a trailer exists? Maybe it's my download speed but often the "circle of waiting dots" spins and nothing happens - so my assumption has been "no trailer found". Again, maybe it's my DL speed? They're bumping our speed up later this year and the trailer aspect is key to the WAF ;-)

Thanks and keep up the great work!!
1. I'll check the "add network location" thing..
2. You mean have the dialogs boxes not be white?
3. best is to have local trailers, doesn't add much space-wise. And yes the skin detects whether you have a trailer, url or local...
2. Yeah, at least to me, the white is a little bit too "Alaska" ;-)

I like the way all the other menus work. Understood if the dialog boxes need to have a background color (vs transparent). But those and the icons really stand out from the rest of the theme. I had to switch back to Confluence to see I'd the add network deal was a skin or XBMC thing and I like the way the icons and dialog boxes look there (well the fact that they compliment the skin vs contrast). Don't mean to sound critical of course - just seems so differen from the balance of the skin.

3. Not the place for this I know - but how do I get trailers setup locally? Is there an automated way to get XBMC to download them or do I have to go find them an manually add to the library db file? Can you advise or point me to some up-to-date threads?

Mahalos
Ember Media Manager is the best for trailers, best for Movie management in general...
mcborzu Wrote:Ember Media Manager is the best for trailers, best for Movie management in general...

And those dialogs need to be white/greyish to show contrast since the skin is dark. I do want to touch those up a little more though....
To maintain contrast for the dialog boxes - maybe a dark background color with a neon type border that glows like the "night" logo does?

Just a thought.

For the "icons" - are those individual files I could edit in Photoshop (create negatives)?

I'll checkout EMM - if it will find and download (decent quality) trailers. I'm assuming it has a way to specify the source to scrape?

BTW: How often do you post updates to the skin and can I just disable an redownload with the new add-ons functionality in XBMC?
Neon border - I tried but wasn't in the mood and couldn't come up with anything when I tried.

puulima Wrote:For the "icons" - are those individual files I could edit in Photoshop (create negatives)?

Using git will give you access to the images uncompressed. Instead of waiting a month and doing one big update, I do smaller updates about 2-3 times a week. The XBMC repo will only be updated about once a month though...
I just spent the last hour trying to figure out some more customizations (music genre fanart & icons), as well as clearart.

But randomly messing with Night, I noticed the script which used to download just logo.png files also does clearart now! The text describing the function of the script should maybe be changed. Something like

"By clicking the above button, the script will automatically match whatever TV shows you have and download the correct logo and clearart, if they exist, and save them as logo.png and clearart.png in the root of that TV shows folder
*** Go to http://www.lockstockmods.net for logos and http://www.xbmcstuff.com for clearart if you want to download one by one ***"

And by the way, any suggestions on where I should put the music genre images? Smile
\XBMC\addons\skin.night\media\extras\musicgenres

don't think lockstockmods stock clearart, so that text need to be updated Big Grin
zwat Wrote:\XBMC\addons\skin.night\media\extras\musicgenres

don't think lockstockmods stock clearart, so that text need to be updated Big Grin
Thank you. And good catch, I modified that last line.
Removing the eye watched overlay and replacing it with different ones does not seem to be working. Going into addons-skin.night-media-dialogs-movies and replacing overlaywatched still comes up with the eye symbol even though its not in the folder anymore. anyone else have this happen. im using the xbmc updated version of night and dharma build.
On the bar that lets you change the viewtype, ( orderby, etc. ) while browsing the music library, the "display" field says 'files' (shouldn't it say what it's currently on? (i.e. library) for example, when the files view is listed it says files, and not the next viewtype)

When I went to check that in the videos section, the two leftmost options' titles are actually the word Title (search, and library mode).
1slimm31 Wrote:Removing the eye watched overlay and replacing it with different ones does not seem to be working. Going into addons-skin.night-media-dialogs-movies and replacing overlaywatched still comes up with the eye symbol even though its not in the folder anymore. anyone else have this happen. im using the xbmc updated version of night and dharma build.

check your cache. usually skin get cached for some reason. location is depending on ur os.

@weldon: yep some inconsistencies one that menu. some buttons says current state other says next state.
the display filed says next state on both music and tvshow for me.

@mcborzu: maybe add something to display what is current state or next state on that menu? display mode-> or >viewtype< and <Display mode> if that makes better sense at all. Big Grin
When I'm using the season-level views, I like the sort being reversed (descending).
That way the latest season appears first, which makes the most sense (to me, atleast).

Night currently doesn't support changing the "sort" order, atleast afaik.
For example: you can order by name, but you can't select ascending or descending sort order.
Could this tiny feature find its' way to the skin? *crosses fingers*
Smile

Oh, and one other thing:
Is it correct that we can't customize the background for the "Play Disc" menu option?

Thank you in advance!
or even better sort them by watched\not watched status. Big Grin