Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [BUGS] and missing items
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
yeah, subtitles script button open the setting for some reason. weird.
Phew glad for once it's not just something affecting me. So yeah someone should definitely look into this. On xbmc love dharma beta 2.
psike Wrote:yeah, subtitles script button open the setting for some reason. weird.

Damn it, i was answering a question in skin forum and must of forgot to switch it back...
I hope you didn't submit it for official release yet! Is there a way to pull back or edit it before it goes up on the add-on section?
I noticed this one during my last install as well, but I forgot to mention it:

When I install the night skin through the repo I immediately start configuring it the way I like it. This includes setting the home menu horizontal. Afterwards I navigate back to the home menu but I don't see anything but two ugly cats Wink So I don't see the texts like videos, settings, etc. I think this has something to do with setting the home menu to horizontal.

When I navigate back to settings (by hitting 'S' on the keyboard) I can undo the horizontal home menu and it appears as expected (vertical). When I set the home menu horizontal for the second time it works like it's supposed to and it stays like this. So this undocumented feature only appears the first time.

Now I think of it there was something similar with adding favourites to the home menu. I think it was something like when you want to add a favourite to the home menu while the favourites menu in the home screen is hidden it won't work. To be sure I will look in to this sometime this week.
mcborzu Wrote:Damn it, i was answering a question in skin forum and must of forgot to switch it back...

Also forgot to ask, how can we fix it?
mobious Wrote:Also forgot to ask, how can we fix it?

Simple fix - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=82318

Been there 5 days and now everyone notices, after in the repo, oh well...
some days are like that lol ...
mcborzu Wrote:Simple fix - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=82318

Lol I actually just downloaded the new update today. Wish I would have done it sooner. Sad
I think a "mute" icon is missing. Smile
MrPike Wrote:I think a "mute" icon is missing. Smile

Technically yes, I took it out awhile ago. I never like that icon just staring at me. If it's mute and I don't know it, I don't need an icon to tell me. I'll hit volume up and figure it out. My thoughts atleast....
First, I want to thank you for this AMAZING skin. In my opinion, currently, it is the best.
Now, I just updated the skin to version 1.4.6 and there is a problem with the weather background.
I'm using multi background images and they can't be seen on main screen.
When entering the Weather screen, the images can be seen.
When I switched to the default background. The image cannot be seen both in main screen and in weather screen.

Another issue that is really bugging me (actually, which is common to many skins) is the lack of unicode support. Usually I manage to overcome this problem by replacing some of the fonts with unicode fonts. The problem with this method is that it may affects the skin layouts (like happened when I replaced the scoutlightnc.ttf fonts in order to be able to see songs name with foreign language).
What i'm suggesting is wherever you are using text which may come from the db (like songs names, bands names, movies names...) use a dedicate font, a font that you're not using for skin texts. In this way, adding unicode support will be just as easy as to replace this dedicate font with a unicode font.
going through my changes to skin to compare ur latest changes to my tweaks and found something strange.
viewtype_posters.xml line 449 u changed <label>31508</label> which points to movieset. to <label>movieset</label>
viewtype_landscape_fanart.xml line 310 <label>Press Down for New Episodes</label> maybe put that in strings
mcborzu Wrote:Simple fix - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=82318

Thank you.
anyone got a bug with XBMC subtitles? When chosen in OSD, it sends me to skin settings instead of the script.. See debug: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D2DNFGBX