Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Cache
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why is it that I have to delete the cache after every change I make? I add a new show, it won't show up in library until I delete the cache. Shouldn't it do that automatically?
What Cache?
Probably /XBMC/Cache folder. I've had to start deleting random subtitle files from it as XBMC doesnt seem to be clearing them out after watching some shows. Hasnt done it for a couple weeks though Smile
LyndonW Wrote:Probably /XBMC/Cache folder. I've had to start deleting random subtitle files from it as XBMC doesnt seem to be clearing them out after watching some shows. Hasnt done it for a couple weeks though Smile

Right, that folder. I have to delete it for every little thing though. I add one show, scan for new shows, then nothing in library. I see the scan completed correctly and after I delete the cache everything is there.
We need someone that can debug within Visual Studio to help fix this - none of us can reproduce it.
Uh. Well I found one of the TV Shows that was causing the issue of subtitle files in the cache folder not getting deleted. Season 1 of Bones did it in my collection. I'm not sure if the problem is related to his though.

I'm on build 28256 so I just assumed it was one of those development bugs that would disappear later on Smile If you want me to look into it let me know.

Oh, just realized I tried it on 30128 just now as well and the same problems with me still happen. Might just be bad subtitles in these files.
For me, it appears to be any change. If I add movies or TV shows, i have to delete the cache for them to show up in the library. It might be this computer just doesn't have the resources for XBMC to run properly. It's a very old laptop I'm using before I try on my main system. I'll try on my other computer on monday or tuesday and i'll get back to everyone.
It's got NOTHING to do with resources.

For some reason when we request that the videodb cache (it's a single file usually - ends in .fi IIRC) is removed it's not being done.

I repeat: What we need is someone like yourself that can reproduce the issue to try and debug it using Visual Studio.

It will not be fixed unless we can reproduce it.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Well I can certainly reproduce it, but I don't know about debugging it in Visual Studio. For one, I don't have visual studio, and I'm not much a programmer. Smile

Is Visual Studio free? I might be able to do some debugging with guidance. I could also pull a debug log and post it if that would help.
jmarshall Wrote:It's got NOTHING to do with resources.

For some reason when we request that the videodb cache (it's a single file usually - ends in .fi IIRC) is removed it's not being done.

I repeat: What we need is someone like yourself that can reproduce the issue to try and debug it using Visual Studio.

It will not be fixed unless we can reproduce it.

Cheers,
Jonathan
You sure it has nothing to do with resources?
I just installed XBMC on my other laptop and, using the same external USB drives and everything is working perfectly.
All we do is delete a file on disk. If it's not being deleted, then I doubt it's due to a lack of resources.
See other thread, trac and patch for this issue.

The cache clear function is only called when movies are found, never for tv episode scanning.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=73295