Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: I Need Help Please - Can't Get Smooth Video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I bought an Acer Revo 3610 (dual-core Atom w/ 2GB RAM and Win 7 x64 Home Premium...all bloatware has been uninstalled). I have K-Lite Codec Pack Mega installed and everything I have runs great in Windows Media Player Classic. MKV, M2TS, etc.. 720p & 1080p.

I have XBMC 9.11 and ShowMix 2.5.

My problem is that in XBMC/ShowMix, 720p video stutters where every few seconds it jumps forward. The A/V is sync'd oddly enough. It's like the whole thing pauses for a second and snaps to realtime...but it happens every 2-3 seconds.

In 1080p video, it's horrid. Slow, choppy, A/V is out of sync right away.

My ShowMix video settings are:

-Sync playback to display - ON
-A/V sync method - Video Clock (Drop/Dupe Audio)
(Turning this on with that method it helped ever so slightly, but nowhere near enough)

-Adjust display refresh rate to match video - OFF
-I tried turning this on, but when I did my TV lost the video and audio HDMI signal. If I hit ESC a couple of times I wound up in the Movie menu w/ the file playing and really choppy.

There wouldn't be anyway to make ShowMix just use WMP Classic would there? Smile

I do have a few other issues I guess I'll post while I'm here, but they're moot if I can't get XBMC/ShowMix to play video.

1) On the home menu, when Movies or TV Shows are highlighted, it shows watched/unwatched numbers in the left bar. My numbers expand through that bar. How to I set the font a touch smaller?

2) When browsing the Movies menu, the titles are in a very large font. Can I lower that too so titles don't have to scroll so much?

3) When I hit ESC during playback, the file continues playing. Is there a way to stop this?

Thank you all in advance for reading this and for any help you can offer at all. I'm at my wits end and am close to giving up and running Windows Media Center Sad
3) Press STOP (x) instead.
You might want to consider a debug log for starters - see here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42708
The 9.11 release doesn't have dxva support, use an svn build or go with xbmc live so you can use vdpau.
I see. If XBMC was using DXVA I can see how that would help. Smile

Looking at the SVN builds, I can choose from r27758 to r28256. Do you, or anyone else, recommend a specific build as the "most stable" for daily consumption?

bobo1on1 Wrote:The 9.11 release doesn't have dxva support, use an svn build or go with xbmc live so you can use vdpau.
You sir are the man! Big Grin

Turns out it was DXVA. Grabbed the latest SVN from the XBMC page and it's lightning now. No matter what file I play.

All I have now are really minor font issues (movie title menus, (watched/unwatched) on Home menu are both too big)

Thank you and everyone else that viewed this hoping to help!

bobo1on1 Wrote:The 9.11 release doesn't have dxva support, use an svn build or go with xbmc live so you can use vdpau.