Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [WINDOWS] Apple Remote to work for XBMC?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Any thoughts how to get the "long click" work?
(2010-07-01, 09:25)Pojken Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I tried this and unfortunately discovered that it triggers each button twice (ex: if I press the Up button, it triggers both Up and Up (Hold) ). The end result is I move up two spaces.

Any clues on how to make it read the button presses as different? Unfortunately, there is an action command along the line of "If long press", but that doesn't work because the remote seems to send out short bursts/events if one holds the button down.

I really want this to work so any help would be appreciated. It's almost there! It only needs to differentiate between long press and short press. Thanks!

I took me forever, but eventually I figured it out:

The HID codes of pressing and of holding (while very similar) are not the same.
(2014-01-04, 22:34)steve1977 Wrote: [ -> ]Any thoughts how to get the "long click" work?

I would really like to know this as well. I know this is an old post but I really would like to get this to work. I never really ask for help because google and forums are my best friends. Several people have asked this, and no one ever answers. So is this impossible to do, or does someone have the answer? Up, Down, Left, Right, Select, and Menu all work but long press on Select or Menu do not work. I've done this two different ways. Select is like all the other buttons and Menu is like in the 3rd post. I added some actions to Select Hold and Menu Hold to make them work correctly. The added actions to the Select Hold and Menu Hold make the buttons work correctly when the single press on Select and Menu are disabled. Please if this is or isn't possible can someone confirm.

Bump
more bumps.. same question as cobalt please
Hi!

The big problem here is that EventGhost is event driven, so it will handle the events one by one in a first in first out queue.
I solved it by setting a parameter in python and trigger an event after a time.
If a long click is performed I cleared the parameter and ignored the event triggered by me.

I uploaded my XML so you can try it out Smile

It can be found here: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...6445513621
I update MickeJ's XML to:
1. button event name remaps to AppleRemote v2: the event name HID:xxxxx for each button of mine remote are different from MickeJ's. Mine is just bought from Apple Store.
2. make "click Select button" work. MickeJ's somehow couldn't send "enter" when "click" Select button. But "hold" Select button works. I fixed this part.
3. When Kodi is not running, click Select to launch Kodi. Thus you don't need keyboard/mouse at all during the entire "boot PC up / launch Kodi / enjoy your multimedia / shut PC down" process. Just simple press power button of your mac mini and then use apple remote for the rest.
4. Replace "XBMC" with "Kodi" in system events. For example, Task.Activated.Xbmc --> Task.Activated.Kodi

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ymlv7xw2u9wxix...2.xml?dl=0
Great Changyc

Some comments on your post
1. Don't know why there are different ones - mine is bought in US Apple Store in October this year. To bad for me, I need to remap all again if I want to use your XML file.
2. I did fix this recently with some waits and clear events - but wanted to test it more before upload it again (and forgot about it - shame on me).. Will look in to how you solved it.
3. Nice feature... Smile

Uploaded my new version (working with Kodi and XBMC) and the enter/select fix for those who have the same HIDs as I am.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...5173799628
Excellent job, MickeJ!

Let's make apple remote better and better for Windows XBMC/Kodi.

Still, I hope Kodi can natively support apple remote to have full functionalities.
Hi MickeJ,

I've updated my xml to accomodate both yours and mine apple remote key mappings.

Also a few updates:
1. We are able to use arrow buttons to go up/down/left/right for both Kodi/XBMC and Windows, just like we push arrow keys on keyboard. This could be useful for someone who needs to start applications on the windows desktop.
2. Send "Enter" when Select button is clicked for both Kodi/XBMC and Windows. This could be useful for someone who needs to start applications on the windows desktop. Maybe someone has both XBMC and Kodi, he probably has shotcuts on desktop for each. Thus he could use arrow and Select to choose which one to start.
3. Click Play/Pause button under Windows to start Kodi/XBMC program. Notice: please only install either Kodi or XBMC, do NOT install both. Otherwise, it will start both of them.
4. Both Kodi and XBMC are supported. My earlier version only supports Kodi.
5. Both yours and mine apple remotes are supported. Mine is bought on Dec. 2014 from Taiwan's apple store which is shipped from Singapore. It's really weird that the event names of the buttons are different.

Please let me know if you encounter any problem. Smile

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ymlv7xw2u9wxix...2.xml?dl=0
Hi

Found minor things in your version.
(Good work on the merge and the other features)

1. Disable xbmc didn't activate windows (it disabled it) - so I fixed it
2. One unnamed macro (empty) - removed
3, One Windows start without events to trigger it - I removed it

4, Added a block so when you start Kodi from play/pause in windows mode it disables it. When you exit Kodi play/pause is enabled.
(this block could be activated on Kodi startup event instead - doesn't mater how you start it, should only be one. Haven't looked in to it)
5. Did some renaming for simplicity

Get it at: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...5284596260
I need some help please. I installed EventGhost and opened your XML file. Now what? Is there a special way I have to run it?

I run Kodi or XBMC and my apple remote doesn't do anything. When event ghost is open and I press remote buttons I can see activity.
Have you changed your "Apple IR receiver" to "USB input Device"? If not, please follow the steps in the 3rd post in this thread.
If yes, you should check your apple remote's key mapping. You click the butons and see if the detected events are matched with the ones in the XML file. For example, up key should be either HID.2587EEA50B or HID.2587EE6E0A. Check the "event name" attribute in the XML file for details. If it doesn't match any of them, just add your "event name" attributes to each corresponding macro.
MickeJ, I've tried your latest XML and it works perfectly!

Thank you so much! Smile
(2015-01-03, 07:54)changyc Wrote: [ -> ]Have you changed your "Apple IR receiver" to "USB input Device"? If not, please follow the steps in the 3rd post in this thread.
If yes, you should check your apple remote's key mapping. You click the butons and see if the detected events are matched with the ones in the XML file. For example, up key should be either HID.2587EEA50B or HID.2587EE6E0A. Check the "event name" attribute in the XML file for details. If it doesn't match any of them, just add your "event name" attributes to each corresponding macro.

Yes I changed apple IR receiver to USB device. When I press remote buttons the HID numbers didn't match. I dragged the HID numbers from log to matching button in configurations side and disabled the codes that were incorrect. Now when I press up button on remote it shows up button being pushed in log. However when I go to kodi it doesn't do anything. Do I need to do anything on kodi side? Or is there something special I need to do to run event ghost in background? Do you just make event ghost a startup item?
Pages: 1 2 3 4