Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: God am I embarrassed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ATVflash xbmc
macbook pro with external media drive using SMB

I don't know how to delete a video source that I added via SMB. I got excited and added a source, and now I'm cleaning and rearranging my media drive. I want to delete the source, but I only see how to add the source, not delete it. I can see a delete button, but it is faded....

help?
jeezus, am i that stupid? not one reply and 33 views? when i go to video>files I see folders including my old SMB folder that no longer exists and the new one that I added that does exist. I also see an "add source" option, but I can't figure out how to delete a source. When I click on the old SMB folder it says error doesn't exist, but I can't seem to delete it
Did you delete the folder on your PC/ATV before you de-associated it from xmbc as a source? Is the network connection to the share broken? It might be that the source is targeting a missing or unconnected folder.

If so recreate the folder again so the source has a target then de-associate(delete) the source.
go to the source you want to remove, hold menu for a few seconds and select remove source
ok, we're getting somewhere... kinda....

I went to the source, held down menu> and a menu does appear, but it is a "contents" menu and there is no way to delete the source from that menu that I can see. There is an option there to choose a "scraper" While we're at it, what does a "scraper" do?

If I try the idea where I recreate the source, (which I can do) I still can't figure out how to do the de-associate (delete) part.
You are in library mode. Switch back to files mode (menu on the left, or go back to home then RIGHT off music -> files).

Cheers,
Jonathan
That worked! Thanks, I can now add and remove sources without issue. Whew.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=xbmc+remove+sources :p

PS: Oh my god, what a thread subject Rolleyes