Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Remote control repeat rate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, I've finally got my new HTPC set up almost perfectly the way I want it. There is just one final minor issue I was hoping somebody would be able to help me with. I'm wondering how I can change both the remote repeat delay (time between holding down the button and the key starting to rapidly fire) and how to lower the repeat rate itself. I've tried the remoterepeat setting in the advancedsettings.xml file but it doesn't seem to do anything. I've got ubuntu lucid lynx installed, the mini.iso edition. And I am using lirc. Thanks for any help you can provide.
*light bump*

This issue is kind of bugging me a bit. Anybody know if this is possible?
As far as I know the remote dictates the repeat rate. LIRC just dumps the commands straight into the app.

If you're using a harmony those settings are available in their config app.
gooms9 Wrote:I've tried the setting in the advancedsettings.cfg but it doesn't seem to do anything. I've got ubuntu lucid lynx installed, the mini.iso edition. And I am using lirc. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Do you mean to say you created an advancedsettings.xml file?

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Advancedsett...erepeat.3E
Sorry, my bad. That's what I meant. advancedsettings.xml. I've updated to original post. I will give the setting another shot, but I'm pretty sure I had it set up correctly before. That's really the major thing I'm trying to change is the time between holding the button down and the repeats to start. If I can get that fixed then I can live with the fast repeat rate from my remote.
What kind of remote do you have?