Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC and External HDD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I am using XBMC for a little while now in combination with my external hdd. Everything worked fine, until I started up XBMC with my hdd disconnected.
Since then i the Movies library is useless. Alle the movies i have are still listed, but when i click on them, i get the prompt:
"The file is no longer available, do you want to remove the movie from your library?"
What I dont want ofcourse.

i've edited the video's source, but still the movie library can't find my files.
Of course, i can re-import the movies, but then i have to mark most of the movies as watched again, which will take some time with 300+ files.

Has anybody had the same or have a idea how to solve this?
Tjomme Wrote:Hello,

I am using XBMC for a little while now in combination with my external hdd. Everything worked fine, until I started up XBMC with my hdd disconnected.
Since then i the Movies library is useless. Alle the movies i have are still listed, but when i click on them, i get the prompt:
"The file is no longer available, do you want to remove the movie from your library?"
What I dont want ofcourse.

i've edited the video's source, but still the movie library can't find my files.
Of course, i can re-import the movies, but then i have to mark most of the movies as watched again, which will take some time with 300+ files.

Has anybody had the same or have a idea how to solve this?

Ahh, reconnect your hdd ?
davilla Wrote:Ahh, reconnect your hdd ?
Done that, of course. I reconnected, restarted XBMC, updated the video source.
The video part works, It's just "movies" that doesnt update something.

(I run XBMC on Mac OsX 10.6, with Rapier Skin.)
Go into terminal and type

cd /Volumes
ls

If the listed volume is somehow different than what is in your Sources.xml you will need to reboot. I noticed that *sometimes* under 10.6 if you dismount then remount a volume it will take a different name. ex. Volume_1 becomes Volume_1-1 (though still displays on your desktop as Volume_1)
Tjomme Wrote:Done that, of course. I reconnected, restarted XBMC, updated the video source.
The video part works, It's just "movies" that doesnt update something.

(I run XBMC on Mac OsX 10.6, with Rapier Skin.)

Would be nice if you said that then Smile not mind readers here.
kcarney Wrote:Go into terminal and type

cd /Volumes
ls

If the listed volume is somehow different than what is in your Sources.xml you will need to reboot. I noticed that *sometimes* under 10.6 if you dismount then remount a volume it will take a different name. ex. Volume_1 becomes Volume_1-1 (though still displays on your desktop as Volume_1)

Not in this case. It's just called My Book. And exept from that. As i wrote before: The video's directory works fine. I can start playing movies by entering the video directory in my XBMC, so XBMC knows where the files are directed.
xbmc.log should contain logging if XBMC can't find it. Look there, then you will see the expected path and volume name.
davilla Wrote:xbmc.log should contain logging if XBMC can't find it. Look there, then you will see the expected path and volume name.

Ok. Didnt find the xbmc.log yet, but i just installed a newer version of the Rapier skin, and my problems seem to be solved!

Thanks anyway.

Edit: No it didnt. Still having the same problems.