Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: autoplay from folder, not clicking mkv?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not sure how to search for this although I suspect it's been answered before, I just can't find it. I have a mix of mkv files and video_ts folders. My structure looks like

movie title (folder)
-- folder.jpg
-- backdrop[0-N].jpg
-- movie title.mkv
-- video_ts (folder)

I have one of the last two in the folder but not both, either the mkv file or the video_ts directory.

With the Stack option on, when I click on the movie title (folder) in XBMC it plays the movie if it has the video_ts folder. For the mkv file tho it just opens the folder, and I have to click again on the mkv. Is there a structure that will cause the mkv to play when I click on the movie folder?
No. Use library mode if that's what you want, or alter the source code accordingly.
Why do have two types of the same movie?

If it's so different machines can access them (ie PC and XBox) then do what I do and have an 'HD Movies' folder and an 'SD Movies' folder. That way you can set up one to only use the SD folder and the other the HD.
Hitcher Wrote:Why do have two types of the same movie?

If it's so different machines can access them (ie PC and XBox) then do what I do and have an 'HD Movies' folder and an 'SD Movies' folder. That way you can set up one to only use the SD folder and the other the HD.

Different movies, some in video_ts and some in mkv. I am actually converting them all to mkv now, that will simplify things a lot. I'm new to the storing-movies-on-home-server game, I should have done this a while ago but I suppose it's been a blind spot.