Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LIVE] need help changing boot procedure - want to load XBMC in fluxbox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So i've been messing with this all morning, and I'm just not getting it. New to Ubuntu.

I'm currently running a minimal Ubuntu install with XBMCLive. I installed fluxbox, and can run it from the commandline via 'startx'

What I want to happen at boot is this:
1) load fluxbox
2) run command 'nvidia-settings -l'
3) load xbmc fullscreen in fluxbox

my reason for this is I need to run nvidia-settings first to compensate for overscan for when I load firefox via the launcher plugin.

I know I need to change my boot procedure, but I have no idea how to do this correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
einhänder Wrote:checkout the fluxbox wiki: http://fluxbox-wiki.org/index.php?title=...artup_file

Thanks for the link.

I was able to get fluxbox to run 'nvidia-settings -l' when it runs and will be able to load xbmc automatically, but I still need assistance in getting the PC to load fluxbox at boot vs. XBMC. Any suggestions?
you mean how to autologin your user and to autostart X without typing startx?
einhänder Wrote:you mean how to autologin your user and to autostart X without typing startx?

Yes, exactly. Very much a linux noob, so I apologize if this is a dumb quesiton.
np. but i'd recommend to search and to read guides for beginners if you want to have fun with linux in a long time period. Wink

hm xbmc live. used it once moths ago. but as far as i can remember isn't there something in place that should care about autologin/autostart already?

@LiVe guys?

edit: if it helps i could post my configuration. but you would have to keep in mind the conf was done on a gentoo system. things work slightly different on ubuntu.
I installed rcconf and disabled xbmc-live from the startup services, yet oddly enough it's still running at boot. It has to be somewhere in here Huh
nevermind, i got it figured out. Had to edit the runXBMC script, and it's probably a hack, but it work, thanks!