Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Zotac ION / Harmony 880 Remote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I did search, but didn't find a specific enough answer, so I'd like to find out what others have done.

I have a Zotac mini-ITX IONITX-B-E system I built, installed the full Ubuntu 10.04, then xbmc, then installed the lirc drivers. I have a Streamzap IR receiver that is MCE compatible (it worked great on my old system).

Not sure how to configure my Harmony 880 remote. Obviously, the Zotac system I built is not in their database, so I have created device profiles using a few media center computers from Dell, HP, etc. I thought these would have standardized MCE remote codes. The remote will work, but most of the functions are added to the soft keys rather than the keypad buttons.

I'm a little surprised you can't specify "Media Center Remote" and get the functions I could get by buying a remote and learning the commands (unless I'm just missing it in the Harmony database).

Those of you without a remote to use to learn commands, who have a "home built" system running xbmc, what device did you use?
fshagan Wrote:I'm a little surprised you can't specify "Media Center Remote" and get the functions I could get by buying a remote and learning the commands (unless I'm just missing it in the Harmony database).
Are you sure you can't? I wouldn't have thought the One (which is used in the images below) and the 880's device list would differ that much.

Image Image
Geez, I'm a moron! Its right there in the list for the 880 too.

Thanks for (literally) drawing me a picture! The functions work fine now, and I'll have just a little bit of tweaking to do for suspend/resume, etc.