Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [WIP] Next-ep
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
you're right for storing info locally, it's faster, i'll keep you update when i have something functionnal.

for a custom dialog display, you can see my sportlive plugin, you should learn some xbmc python integration.
Yeh I've had a look through your script looks good, only had a quick look so hopefully when I get chance ill sit down and see what i can learn.

I'd really like the info to be displayed when you are veiwing the library so not sure if that is possible.

Its one of those times when so many things I want to learn all at the same time, its crazy.
sportlive is my first python codig with gui, code should not be too complicated.

to view it in librairy will require skin integration like it has been done with recently added, it's a way i might follow, and explore others too ... Big Grin
Just been working on a method of storing the xml files. Got it to work for a single show, also got it to check for updates and redownload if needed. Only checked on a series basis. So at the moment if a new episode is added it will download information for all episodes again. Considering how small then files are I dont think this is an issue, can always modify it at later date.

Thats if I have understood the tvdb api, the way I thought it worked was if an episode has been updated, when you search for updates it will show the episode id that has been updated, but it will also show the series id as well due to the fact that an episode within that series has been added.

If this isnt the case then I need to check the episode ids against all the episode ids that have been updated. Which seems like more work than needed.

Just gotta make it work for multishows now, which pretty much just involves some copy pasting and rewriting a little.

I think once I have done this I will look to clean the scripts up a bit ad some more error checking and what not, again just doing this as a learning exercise.
supertom44 Wrote:Just gotta make it work for multishows now, which pretty much just involves some copy pasting and rewriting a little.

you can use python class do save some repeating actions.
Hello,

Thought I would chime in on this thread as I have some interest in this plugin. I know nothing about python or scripting so take these suggestions with a grain of salt Big Grin

I would like to see the next episode airing date somewhere on the show in questions page. Barring that, Perhaps make it so that it could be added as an RSS feed on the home page. I don't know the complexities of doing these things though.

I would definately be interested in this though.

Mark
I'd like to be able to display it on the skin as well but as of yet I haven't found a way to do it as part of the skin.
i use a minimal info dialog for testing purpose, you can try it here:
http://passion-xbmc.org/developpement-py...?msg=63065

now i'm starting to work on making this info available to skins.
Forgot to get back to you on this but right after you made this you made the logo script. I tried this though being in French threw me off but I definably would love this and if able to use this info like recently added I would definably include it like so:

seems to be a good id, just have to figure how to do that Big Grin
I'm really interested in seeing how you make the information avalaible to skins, its something ive been thinking about for a while but with my limited knowledge of skins, I didnt get very far.
Also on making it available to skins, i think it would be important that even if it does fetch that it next airs on a Monday @ 8pm, it should convert this to the time zone set in xbmc, even if it makes it 2am.
As for displaying the info at show level like in mcborzu's examples (which would be great to have available no doubt) I figure that would be a feature best to be handled by the scraper (assuming that info is available through the API).
Jeroen Wrote:As for displaying the info at show level like in mcborzu's examples (which would be great to have available no doubt) I figure that would be a feature best to be handled by the scraper (assuming that info is available through the API).

hard to do, this date change each time onother episode is diffused
Sadly I dont think the next episode air date is available via the api, not for tvdb at least.
Pages: 1 2 3