Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: browsing available addons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm in the process of skinning the new addons stuff for XBMC's upcoming stable release.

Forgive me for asking silly questions I have been out of the loop for a while Smile

One thing isn't really clear to me. I've skinned the addonbrowser, info and settings dialog. How will the user be able to browse available addons? I mean, I can browse the ones I have but will there be a central "addon store" that can be used to browse and install addons? Or will that still be going through the svn repo installer?
Or is there an xml that I am not aware of?

greetings
Jeroen
Thanks. Then am I correct in saying that, when final, available addons will be listed within addonbrowser.xml like I can now see the already enabled addons?
yes
Currently, at root you'll have "Enabled Addons" like you have now, and "Repositories". Under "Repositories" you'll have the online versions to browse and click on in exactly the same way. Enabling an addon then installs it and any dependencies it has.

In addition, we hope to have an "Install from zip file" type thing for those that want to source a plugin from elsewhere (eg during beta testing). We're hoping that devs take on the idea of having their own repository during the beta testing phase, however.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Sounds awesome Smile
Thanks guys
just to give you an idea (these are just temp test stuff btw but the basic concept is there

Level 1 The part you see now

Repo Level note XBMC.org Repo (all meta data is a temp fill in by me)

And inside the repo script section
cool, btw does this mean that the current scripts and programs windows can be omitted as the new addons system will provide a place for those?

about reporting broken addons, I think it would be cool if this can happen from within xbmc. like a report button which would bring up a dialog where the user can flag the addon and choose from a couple of predefined problem descriptions or manually leave a message for team xbmc? just thinking out loud though Smile
the new addon system is for installing stuff not running it so we still need those (though 1 day I hope they get merged)

As for "reporting broken addons" like I said the metadata was just a mockup by me and may not even say that Smile
I see, good to know, I'll won't hit the delete button just yet Wink
Sorry, another question Blush

Provided the author updates his script to integrate with the new addons system, will the infolabels such as addon.type work within myscripts.xml?
I have a similar question about whether Programs and Scripts will be phased out for a new option like Applications (Or 'Apps')?
Jeroen Wrote:Sorry, another question Blush

Provided the author updates his script to integrate with the new addons system, will the infolabels such as addon.type work within myscripts.xml?

No Idea haven't tried it but it could probably be added easy if it doesn't I will bug them for it
kryptonyte Wrote:I have a similar question about whether Programs and Scripts will be phased out for a new option like Applications (Or 'Apps')?
Ideally yes but nothing has actually been decided. My dream is scripts can set the type they are and they then appear in the root list for that section. EG: apple trailers (not the plugin version) is a video script so would appear in the root of the video section.
And the only thing that should be in the scripts window is stuff thats not in a catagory for the 3 main media types. But again thats my dream not the reality yet we have to wait another version before that sort of thing happens Smile
Jeroen Wrote:Sorry, another question Blush

just tried and yep it does

Jezz_X Wrote:But again thats my dream not the reality yet we have to wait another version before that sort of thing happens Smile

So for the upcoming milestone 'Scripts' and 'Programs' will remain or may that change by the next major version? Or is this unknown at the current time?
Pages: 1 2