Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Grooveshark (Script) Music Addon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
guizmo1974 Wrote:I'm trying to download but it is stuck at 0%

Is it just me? I'm asking since I can download other addons.

BTW, a big "Thank You" for this addon! Smile

Xbmc build 32422 on Ubuntu Lucid

I've had this problem with other add-ons. I usually restart XBMC and I'm able to download the add-ons.
d00chris Wrote:Can't get this addon to work. I have supplied my user/pass in "Settings" but it won't log me in for some reason. Do I have to manually log in or something?

If you set the user/pass from within the script you have to restart it for it to take effect. If it doesn't help could you describe what happens, turn on debugging in the script, and post the log on pastebin?
I have restarted several times now without success.

When I choose "Playlists" I get a message that says I'm not logged in. Also, when I choose "Popular" I get no results. And I cannot search.

I could post the log. Is it a particular section of the standard xbmc.log with debug activated, or is it some other logfile?
d00chris Wrote:I have restarted several times now without success.

When I choose "Playlists" I get a message that says I'm not logged in. Also, when I choose "Popular" I get no results. And I cannot search.

I could post the log. Is it a particular section of the standard xbmc.log with debug activated, or is it some other logfile?

The entire xbmc.log. Also which revision of XBMC you are using and the version of the Grooveshark script. Make sure you exit the script before you send the log.
I'm using XBMC nightly build r32416 on Windows. I'm using the addon manager to download the GrooveShark plugin. Here the logfile.
I am pretty sure there will be a log line somewhere with a "window is NULL" line. We have seen this behaviour and have even found a recent commit that might be causing it, but nothing has been commited/reverted to/from svn yet.

edit: Ah, too slow, there ya go.
If you compile yourself you could try reverting http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/32321 and see what happens.
Window is NULL, this is not possible :-)

LOL, this line really is programming humour at its finest Laugh Looks like something I would put in my log statements.

I'll sit tight and try another nightly build in a couple of days and see if this is resolved by then.

And BTW, the new addon system really rocks!
I use Linux so I can't help I'm afraid. Assuming it starts working again on windows do you mind telling me the revision of that build, d00chris? I'll probably put that as the min. revision in the script to avoid others having the same problem.
The issue isn't isolated to windows though, it happens on osx as well and we have seen it on linux too.
Clumsy Wrote:The issue isn't isolated to windows though, it happens on osx as well and we have seen it on linux too.

You are quite right. I just updated to the latest revision (32453) of the Dharma branch on linux and I'm getting the "window NULL" error. I know that r32216 works with the script but I'll try reverting to r32321 as you suggested and see what happens.
You are updating the progress dialog before actually creating it several times Wink
vdrfan Wrote:You are updating the progress dialog before actually creating it several times Wink

Thanks vdrfan, spot on. Funny though that it worked on the lower revisions Smile Still, my bad.

So people it should work on nightly builds now. The new version is not yet in the official repo. but I've asked for the new version to get pulled so it should show up in a couple of hours.
hey solver i cant seem to get the new grooveshark script working on my xbmc it just fails to run can you upload the newest version to your svn dowloads in a zip file? cuz i think when i downloaded it it might have messed up i have xbmc for xbox latest t3ch release

edit: everything but the default.py works can you plz fix this on your svn?
Solver

Im a new user of XBMC, having come from a long history of various other pvr software. I just wanted to say, XBMC rocks, and this plugin in particular rocks my socks off. thanks for your great work!
dominater01 Wrote:hey solver i cant seem to get the new grooveshark script working on my xbmc it just fails to run can you upload the newest version to your svn dowloads in a zip file? cuz i think when i downloaded it it might have messed up i have xbmc for xbox latest t3ch release

edit: everything but the default.py works can you plz fix this on your svn?

I'll see what I can. The script should still be able to run on the xbox, but I can't promise that in the future. Anyway, I'll add default.py when I get the chance and I'll get back to your.