Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LIVE] Aeon - Offline problems with artwork and Library - Revo 3610
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi there,

Although I can't deny I am new to XBMC, I have managed to get as far as installing it to a USB drive on my Revo 3610 and also install the Aeon skin.

I am using the ION specific build of XBMC (9.11 I believe).

My problem is a little curious ... I want to display artwork that I have created using WDTV MSG (example attached), as I don't feel I have enough knowledge (or time) to get the wireless working within XBMC with the Revo and it is easier for me offline.

The artwork I've created includes a number of files within a folder, in this case "300":

300_sheet
backdrop
cover
folder
Movie_Info
wd_tv

Obviously, I am aware that I will need to mess around with these naming conventions, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get Aeon to display the artwork as per below (second image).

Can anyone advise as to the file naming structure and so forth? I've searched a fair old bit and seem to find only results that involve being online and using the scraper feature, which I cannot presently do (prefer the offline ability as I am not always at a location with internet).

Official Wiki Image of library mode:

My own image of how I would like to use artwork:

Which leads me to my next issue - setting content types. No matter what I seem to do to try and set content (press 'c', set to movie) it never seems to register in the "movies" area, and simply tells me the library is empty and to add from videos.

Now, I have searched (!), but all results point to scraper usage. Can anyone assist with offline additions of artwork and library population?

Many thanks in advance.

tsf.
For offline addition, a video file needs to be accompanied by a nfo, fanart, and thumb (for full features). So, you'll need:

My.Movie.mkv
My.Movie.tbn
My.Movie-fanart.jpg
My.Movie.nfo

Normally xbmc will use scrapers to pull that information into its database, and then you can use the export feature to place those extra files beside your movies. But, if you always want to be offline, you can use a media manager in the supplemental tools forum which will create the files for you to be used in xbmc. Or, you could even use xbmc on one of your computers connected to the internet to scan in the files to your library, then choose export files in the video library section to generate the extra files.

Then, you shouldn't have the trouble of 0 entries being found because xbmc will scan in the movies using your local information.

I've done this offline addition of movies with no problems, but I haven't been as lucky with TV shows adding properly with no internet connection. I think it may be a bug but i wanted to look into it more. Just fyi.
TheDuffMan Wrote:For offline addition, a video file needs to be accompanied by a nfo, fanart, and thumb (for full features). So, you'll need:

My.Movie.mkv
My.Movie.tbn
My.Movie-fanart.jpg
My.Movie.nfo

Normally xbmc will use scrapers to pull that information into its database, and then you can use the export feature to place those extra files beside your movies. But, if you always want to be offline, you can use a media manager in the supplemental tools forum which will create the files for you to be used in xbmc. Or, you could even use xbmc on one of your computers connected to the internet to scan in the files to your library, then choose export files in the video library section to generate the extra files.

Then, you shouldn't have the trouble of 0 entries being found because xbmc will scan in the movies using your local information.

I've done this offline addition of movies with no problems, but I haven't been as lucky with TV shows adding properly with no internet connection. I think it may be a bug but i wanted to look into it more. Just fyi.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply - I used Ember media manager to get files instead, all in the correct naming conventions (almost a step ahead of you, but not quite!), and I indeed managed somehow to get fanart etc to show up. I pointed the file manager to the one folder with a film in it, which seems to have done the trick. Still a little cloudy though!

May I ask about the export files you mentioned? When I last looked at that, it seemed to be a little vague and nothing of note.

However, it appears that the movie metadata is another kettle of fish. If I press 'c' and select movie information, the metadata is all there to enjoy; but I am perplexed as to how to get this to appear in the regular library view.

I am resigned to the fact that I need to place all my movies into their own folders now, which isn't great (I have hundreds and hundreds ... ), but necessary I suppose.

But I am very keen for the metadata/synopsis/actor etc information to be present in library mode, as my girlfriend is likely to use this at times and always wants to know what a film is about before watching it.

I fear that I will need to learn some technical features of Linux/XBMC ... !
The export places the extra files beside your movie files so that if you ever need to scan in your library again like on another box, xbmc won't need to scrape from the internet and can just use your local files.

I'm confused when you say it's necessary to place all movies in their own folders. Is this a limitation of your current setup or do you think it has to be that way for xbmc?

When your setting the content, are you also selecting the radio button to run an automated scan? Beyond this it might be helpful to post a debug log so someone can see what's going wrong.
TheDuffMan Wrote:The export places the extra files beside your movie files so that if you ever need to scan in your library again like on another box, xbmc won't need to scrape from the internet and can just use your local files.

I'm confused when you say it's necessary to place all movies in their own folders. Is this a limitation of your current setup or do you think it has to be that way for xbmc?

When your setting the content, are you also selecting the radio button to run an automated scan? Beyond this it might be helpful to post a debug log so someone can see what's going wrong.

I see, thanks for clearing the export query up.

If I don't use individual folders, it would result in a lot of files (images, nfo, etc) all sat together looking quite untidy ... I suppose a limitation of my setup rather than XBMC. I will run Ember on the root of my 2TB of mkv files and see how I get on Smile

I'll fiddle with the automated scan later as well.

Thanks again for your help. Any clue on the metadata option for Aeon? I get the feeling it may be an add-in.
First off there's nothing you cant do with all files in one folder that you can do with all files in separate folders but IMHO the later is better, in any case Ember can create and put your movies into folders for you

If you want all the info, artwork and meta data to show you must use Library view not file view and in order to use Library you must scan in your content even if you use Ember, set content and then scan

Follow the quick start Guide

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...tart_Guide

The full wiki is here

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBMC_Online_Manual
>>X<<' Wrote:First off there's nothing you cant do with all files in one folder that you can do with all files in separate folders but IMHO the later is better, in any case Ember can create and put your movies into folders for you

If you want all the info, artwork and meta data to show you must use Library view not file view and in order to use Library you must scan in your content even if you use Ember, set content and then scan

Follow the quick start Guide

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...tart_Guide

The full wiki is here

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBMC_Online_Manual

Ember is currently doing its thing with my first 2TB, prompting me when only partial matches are found (very much liking this software by the way).

I've seen those steps, but wondered how metadata could appear as per the below image (or similarly), without having to press 'c' and go to 'movie details'.

Many thanks again,
tsf.
What do you mean by metadata, metadata is the video file attributes codec resolution etc

Either way if you scan all your content into XBMC as in the quick start guide then all that info you see in your screenshot will appear using that view in that version of Aeon

You are much better off getting started using the default skin Confluence once that's working and you've populated the library then you can just switch to Aeon and everything should work there as well, its much easier to say what you have done wrong or why stuffs not showing in Confluence because there's only one version

You wont get any info in any skin unless your content is scanned into library
>>X<<' Wrote:What do you mean by metadata, metadata is the video file attributes codec resolution etc

Either way if you scan all your content into XBMC as in the quick start guide then all that info you see in your screenshot will appear using that view in that version of Aeon

You are much better off getting started using the default skin Confluence once that's working and you've populated the library then you can just switch to Aeon and everything should work there as well, its much easier to say what you have done wrong or why stuffs not showing in Confluence because there's only one version

You wont get any info in any skin unless your content is scanned into library

Apologies, I ought to be clearer. I was hoping for movie synopsis and so forth to be part of the 'default' library (I can't see any options regarding this), as my girlfriend often prefers to know what the film is about before watching, including the cast and IMDB rating etc.

At present Aeon doesn't seem to be able to do this without manually choosing to read about the movie, i.e., pressing c and selecting movie information.

I think I will go back to the default skin as suggested and then switch when everything is "in its right place". I appreciate the help given - hopefully this will resolve the problem. If not, then I will be back shortly!

tsf.
It will show once everything is scanned in and your on that view in Aeon, that panel with the info can be set so it doesn't show or shows after a few seconds or always shows

Get all the info showing in Confluence first then getting it in Aeon will be easy but its pointless talking about it until you scan your content in you probably wont need help becuase that's the key to getting it
>>X<<' Wrote:It will show once everything is scanned in and your on that view in Aeon, that panel with the info can be set so it doesn't show or shows after a few seconds or always shows

Get all the info showing in Confluence first then getting it in Aeon will be easy but its pointless talking about it until you scan your content in you probably wont need help becuase that's the key to getting it

Perfect - I look forward to not having to bother you again soon Smile

tsf.
Okay, well, Ember did its job ...

... but another strange issue has come up. After checking fan art, posters and nfo files (all seemingly fine), every time I add to the library, it thinks that my files are all called "Drivers Ed Scare Films Vol 3".

I'm a bit lost at this point, as I have wiped my USB drive and re-tried XBMC installations to start fresh, but it would seem that Ember has done *something* to my media files to make XBMC think they are all this rather random name.

If I browse in file view, everything is fine with the file names, i.e., '300 1080p' and 'District 9 1080p' etc; in Library view, they show the correct fan art and posters, but the 'Drivers Ed Vol 3' is seemingly the name for everything.

Extremely frustrating ... any ideas what I can do to fix the seemingly broken NFO files, even though Ember reports them as okay?

Thanks again.
tsf
Look inside the nfo and see if it has "Drivers Ed Scare Films Vol 3" as the title in any of them which I doubt as all artwork is correct and Ember doesn't have that title listed anywhere ?

Make sure its an ember problem before you blame ember Big Grin
>>X<<' Wrote:Look inside the nfo and see if it has "Drivers Ed Scare Films Vol 3" as the title in any of them which I doubt as all artwork is correct and Ember doesn't have that title listed anywhere ?

Make sure its an ember problem before you blame ember Big Grin

Yeah, I've checked the NFO files and no mention of "Drivers Ed Scare Films Vol 3" anywhere to be seen.

The reason I am curious of Ember, is that it decided to call "The Matrix" this very name, and I re-scraped and chose the correct film and alas, it went away. Still a bit confusing, but I have posted in the Ember thread as well.

In the meantime, I've sorted all files into their own folders to see what difference that may or may not make.
Did you sort them manually because I did say Ember can create folders and sort them for you ?

If they where all in one folder you might have had a rogue file are you using scene nfo's as well because if you are and they contain an URL XBMC will use it ?

I doubt this is an Ember problem
Pages: 1 2