Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Connecting using WinSCP/Filezilla (sftp/ftp question)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've downloaded Filezilla and WinSCP but can't seem to connect my Revo (running live) and my pc.

I am very new at all this so bare with me please :-)

Is the host name the ip address I find on my computer (i searched my ip address on google and got 208.84.198.18

on my revo running xbmc live the port is always 8080 (even if i change it)
the username i made at the set up of live on the revo (ted) and my password (using the same one that i set up with)
all of the lights on my network-settings on xmbc are blue

I want to be able to send my files from my computer to the revo, specifically the one that allows menu sounds seen here
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=53888

I have gotten to the point where it says its connection to my ip address on WinSCP, but it keeps saying access denied due to wrong password.

What am I doing wrong?
any help is appreciated, thanks!
To get the ip you need
On the machine running xbmc goto System> system info

On the summary page it'll tell you the IP of that machine. You need to put that into filezilla on the other machine.
The user and pass will be the same as the ones you set when you installed XBMC live to disc
If you did a minimal install and have terminal access only, do:
Code:
ifconfig

Look at the entries for eth0, you're looking for this:
Code:
inet addr:192.168.1.101

The IP address you want to use in WinSCP is the IP listed after 'inet addr:'
i was able to get the sound file by just copying it from a flash drive.

my problem now is I can't connect to the internet.

I don't have a link/mac address/ip address/ etc. only the primary and secondary dns.

on my network settings, what is the server/port?

is the username the username of the router and password?
Uuaww Wrote:i was able to get the sound file by just copying it from a flash drive.

my problem now is I can't connect to the internet.

I don't have a link/mac address/ip address/ etc. only the primary and secondary dns.

on my network settings, what is the server/port?

is the username the username of the router and password?

The command
Code:
dhclient
will renew your IP settings from your DHPC server (usually your router or your ISP if you connect directly to a broadband modem).