Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Noob Questions Regarding Manually Adding TV Show...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey XBMC Forum Members,

I'm very new to XBMC so please bare with me,

I've got a TV show in which isn't listed with thetvdb.com so it can't pick up info and add the show to the library.

Now I was thinking of adding the TV show to the site, but the site administrators told me that I'm not allowed to add this show.

Its basically a show called TNA Impact (wrestling) show, and NO SPORTS are allowed on TheTVdb.com

So I thought somebody could guide me on how to manually add the show and episodes.

Thanks in advance to whomever helps me,

Shaun
It's actually not an easy thing to do - I hope that one day the Devs to find an easy way to force unscrapable shows into the library Smile

In the meantime you have two main options.

a) (the easiest) is to use the "videos" menu choice in XBMC for these shows instead of the TV Shows menu choice. You then have to keep "Videos" in file mode. Don't know if this is possible in all skins, but it certainly is in many.
You can then make a certain folder video source on your PC the default folder for "Videos" in file mode. I have a default video source folder called "XBMC non-library-TV" with subfolders called documentaries, sport etc for non scrapable stuff. You can then place fanart.jpg and folder.jpg files in each of these subfolders so it will still look pretty )

b) If you really have to get your shows into the library however you will have to generate NFOs for them. One tool which might help you greatly with this is YANG : http://xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=36167

Hope that helps - let me know if anything isn't clear Smile
thetvdb.com is not the only place for series info, IMDB has plenty of them also, perhaps even the one you're missing,

as koboy6 greatly said, there are no ways (known by me at least) to exclude some serials not to be parsed, yet there is one I could think of (follows),

I'd give it a try with emberMM (http://www.embermm.com) perhaps it could help you,

The other solution is the same concept that kiboy6 told about, you may create a "dummy" folder with dummy file structure containing blank infos...

hope it helps a bit, but really give a shot to emberMM you'd be surprised, I have many french tv shows and it works great
Wow! Thanks for this information. I got the same problem before but didn't knew about this forum so it was not easy to get out of this problem..

EmberMM looks like a great tool.

I'm running a Mac at the moment, so I can't really test it out. Don't feel like Installing Windows on my mac just for that app.

But in a few more weeks I'll be building my mini PC running Windows XP SP3, and I'll definitely be giving that app a shot.

Thanks guys!
Or perhaps you could give a try to http://www.apple.com/support/bootcamp/ if you have a mac/intel during the wait time and remove it afterwards Smile