Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Menus and sorting movies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Having used XBMC for some time now and like it I have come across a issue. It is this. I have a number of movies and run at as libary mode, but I now have added some childrens flims and I would like to sort these into folders at startup but dont seem to be able to find a way. The reason for this is in libary mode all movies get lumped together and if you have a collection like mind you dont want to scroll through all your movies to find a peppa pig one.
I have all my movies sorted out on the hard disk eg XBMC folder/Movies/Action, Horror, Drama, Childrens, etc, but in libary mode the folders do not appear to mean anything.
So to recap I want the following Run XBMC go to movies and select a folder then the movie .
I hope I have made this as easy to understand as possible
steve22 Wrote:Having used XBMC for some time now and like it I have come across a issue. It is this. I have a number of movies and run at as libary mode, but I now have added some childrens flims and I would like to sort these into folders at startup but dont seem to be able to find a way. The reason for this is in libary mode all movies get lumped together and if you have a collection like mind you dont want to scroll through all your movies to find a peppa pig one.
I have all my movies sorted out on the hard disk eg XBMC folder/Movies/Action, Horror, Drama, Childrens, etc, but in libary mode the folders do not appear to mean anything.
So to recap I want the following Run XBMC go to movies and select a folder then the movie .
I hope I have made this as easy to understand as possible

Use smartplaylists. Use the search :-)
OcnewB Wrote:Use smartplaylists. Use the search :-)

Or even better, make good usage of the Wiki who's only purpose is answering such questions

@ http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Sma..._Playlists

Good luck!