Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Which code to exit to windows?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can someone please tell me which button exits XBMC to windows? I'm using sleep mode (standby) as standard shutdown mode, but sometimes I want to go straightly to windows for surfing or other stuff. In stead of opening the shutdown menu and choosing the exit option, I would like to assign a button to my remote in order to exit to windows automatically.

Or maybe I can use a code in the keymap file?

Thanks.
You may switch between running tasks (avoiding exiting) if you have a remote device like the logitech di novo mini

ALT + TAB
WINDOWS KEY + TAB (since Vista, using Aero)

Hope this helps... if you really need a key binding to exit XBMC I'd have a look @

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Default_Controls

good luck
Thank you, that's also a solution and a good idea. I will use ALT+TAB on my remote.
jiver Wrote:Thank you, that's also a solution and a good idea. I will use ALT+TAB on my remote.

You're welcome my pleasure Nod

Now for the sake of it, if anybody have a clue how to manually bind a key with a direct XBMC exit function that could be grate too Smile I guess we're getting lazy Rolleyes