Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: noob questions: artist fanart/thumbs etc.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm a complete noob to xbmc so excuse my stupid questions.

I have following music file structure (basic I'd say): Music\Artist\Album [year]

now I read that if I place a .jpg into the Artist folder and name it folder.jpg, it will be assigned as the folder picture when scanned into the library, but it's not, a picture the scraper acquired is used instead. What am I doing wrong? I assume fanart.jpg is the one that would be shown in the whole background, what would be the name of the file that is used in the infobox than?

thx for the help
cheers
MacG
With that folder structure, Xbmc should pick up the following:

Music\Artist\artist.nfo
Music\Artist\folder.jpg
Music\Artist\fanart.jpg

The artist.nfo file would be used to set the Artist Information manually, instead of scraping it.
The folder.jpg image should be the thumbnail image.
The fanart.jpg image should be the background image.

And those images should be found and cached before the scraper downloads one from a scraped URL. At least that's how its supposed to work and it used to. But I haven't scraped in a long while now.
hi, just got it to work, finally, thx for the replies mates =)
spiff Wrote:then PLEASE refrain from answering. answer what's asked, not some random thought-up question of your own.

Then please allow me to delete my own posts!
I've edited in with "random thought-up" my initial post that became useless after his answer...

EDIT: Got it 5 on 5 spiff, I will avoid such confusion next time
i don't have the powers to grant that, even if i wanted to.

please, i didn't intend any offense, it's just that answering something else than what was asked only serves to spur confusion.