Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: rescan movie.tbn, fanart.jpg, etc.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

what's the easiest way to rescan a movie folder after I have changed/added/removed fanarts, movie.tbns, trailers and so on. At the moment I have to remove the movie folder from Video, reenter it and than scan everything from scratch. Is there a simple rescan option that checks if a new pic has been changed/added and updates everything accordingly?

cheers
I'm wondering the exact same thing, i have to remove the "source" and then re add it for all the posters, fan-art etc to show correctly, there must be an easier way?

"scan for content" or "set content" doesn't work, nothing get's updated Sad
GenMacG Wrote:Hi,

what's the easiest way to rescan a movie folder after I have changed/added/removed fanarts, movie.tbns, trailers and so on. At the moment I have to remove the movie folder from Video, reenter it and than scan everything from scratch. Is there a simple rescan option that checks if a new pic has been changed/added and updates everything accordingly?

cheers

Go to movie info and select refresh then your changes get applied you have to do this for every movie you change

If you change loads then its easier to rebuild your library from scratch the exception being fanart with fanart you can delete your fanart cache and xbmc will add them as you go through your library

Obviously the best thing to do is get your artwork done before you scan them into your library for the first time Wink
Thanks. I'm currently using aeon65 skin and it is called 'reload' there. A message will pop up saying it found local data and asking whether you want to use it or go directly to the internet to fetch it.
Is this skin dependent?
It would be nice to have a 'refresh/reload library' option somewhere to do it on the whole library. My understanding is that if you rebuild your complete library you would loose information like 'watched' flags, right?

Another related question, I recently changed to the movie view 'multiplex' in aeon65 which can show extra thumbs. I have all the library information (nfo, thumbs, fanart, etc.) in the movie folders. Is there any way for xbmc to create the extrathumbs automatically, either by retrieving them from the Internet or by taking snapshots from the movie itself? Or do I just have to load them myself manually and put them in a extrathumbs folder?

primo
primo Wrote:Thanks. I'm currently using aeon65 skin and it is called 'reload' there. A message will pop up saying it found local data and asking whether you want to use it or go directly to the internet to fetch it.
Is this skin dependent?

No

Quote:It would be nice to have a 'refresh/reload library' option somewhere to do it on the whole library. My understanding is that if you rebuild your complete library you would loose information like 'watched' flags, right?

Yes

Quote:Another related question, I recently changed to the movie view 'multiplex' in aeon65 which can show extra thumbs. I have all the library information (nfo, thumbs, fanart, etc.) in the movie folders. Is there any way for xbmc to create the extrathumbs automatically, either by retrieving them from the Internet or by taking snapshots from the movie itself? Or do I just have to load them myself manually and put them in a extrathumbs folder?

primo

Extrathumbs are a skin feature its not part of XBMC so you have to get them yourself programs like ember media manager can generate them for you

I use to get mine below as they are all around 600×400 in size which is perfect for thumbs

http://www.moviepicturedb.com/
>>X<<' Wrote:Go to movie info and select refresh then your changes get applied you have to do this for every movie you change

If you change loads then its easier to rebuild your library from scratch the exception being fanart with fanart you can delete your fanart cache and xbmc will add them as you go through your library

Obviously the best thing to do is get your artwork done before you scan them into your library for the first time Wink

How do i delete my fan-art cache?

Thanks!
Its in

\userdata\Thumbnails\Video\
>>X<<' Wrote:I use to get mine below as they are all around 600×400 in size which is perfect for thumbs

http://www.moviepicturedb.com/

Great tip! Thanks.

primo