Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No thumbnails in library mode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello world!
I'm trying XBMC these days and i've got no thumbnail in library mode for a lot of my movies.

They (about 1200 .mkv files) are organized each one in its own directory with:
moviefilename.mkv
moviefilename.nfo
moviefilename-thumbnail.jpg
moviefilename-fanart.jpg

For some of them the thumbnail is shown correctly for some others it down't appear.
An example is:
no thumbnail: Alien.Directors.Cut-thumbnail.jpg (420*605)
thumbnail ok: Alien vs. Predator-thumbnail.jpg (420*622)

Any clue?
Thanks in advance!
Only one clue, please provide more detailed info about what you are using, it's hard to guess...

Since when does that happen etc...
I'm using the latest stable release of XBMC and the confluence skin by default.
It happens every time i start the programConfusedome movies have their own thumbnail some other no.
folder.jpg ...... file mode
moviename.tbn ...... library.

Edit:
And the ones that did appear were scraped from internet.
Thanks for the replay. How can i convert all my jpg covers into tbn format? I tried a simple change in the extension of the file but XBMC doesn't see the difference.
Many thanks!
boombastic Wrote:Thanks for the replay. How can i convert all my jpg covers into tbn format? I tried a simple change in the extension of the file but XBMC doesn't see the difference.
Many thanks!

2 ways I know of;
1/ using XBMC itself, attach your jpg to the movie through scraping and then it will generate a tbn file in XBMC's (user folder) media library, and then you can do an export to multi-files
2/ the easiest IMHO use EmberMM which will do that for you (just have to play a few minutes with the options)

good luck Wink

PS; I can see on XBMC's wiki http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Thu...Wide_Icons that;

Quote:The .tbn file can be either a .JPG or a .PNG file (with transparency) and you simply have to rename the extension from .jpg/.png to .tbn.
The size of the picture can be anything from 64x64 to 256x256 in pixel-size (you may want to use a larger pixel-size if you use XBMC in 720p/1080i HDTV resolution to get a sharper image).

PS2; Perhaps you did not rescrape the source after renaming the tbn file and that would be why you see no difference??
Rename or copy all your moviefilename-thumbnail.jpg files to movie.tbn (Exact, movie is not placeholder in this case).
That should do the trick.
Then refresh the affected movies.