Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: matching texture to studio label
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
To display studio logos I have an include with an image:

PHP Code:
<texture fallback="flags/default.png">$INFO[Listitem.studio,special://skin/flags/movies/,.png]</texture> 

Since rescanning my movie library most of the studio logos don't show up anymore. It seems to be coming down to the scraped results. The scraper is now set to tmdb, while before I used imdb.

Tmdb scrapes multiple studio names, while imdb only gets one.

One result with tmdb for instance is:

alcon entertainment / dark castle entertainment / silver pictures

I have a logo for alcon entertainment in the logo folder, but it will not display as the scraped result is not a full match because of the multiple names.

Is there a way I can set my texture path to grab the first result and match it to a logo? Without causing trouble when using the imdb scraper of course.

or alternative solution: do we really need multiple results for studio names?
Welcome to the world of skin hacks
about the only way you will successfully do it is to have a few hundred visiable conditions based on substring and that will slow down heaps
Yeah, not going to go that route No

I was hoping there was a way I could use the "/" as a separator or something. That's too bad.

Thanks,
Jeroen
even then once you use a different site like rotten tomatoes or a foreign language one it fails completely on its arse again
One of the reasons I don't bother including it, the same goes for the mpaa rating images once you move away from English american it start to fall over and not work
Yes certainly there's something to be said for not bothering with it. But if I could at least add support for "the big two", I would be pleased. As for different languages, wouldn't that be a matter of "just" expanding on the studio images?

I'm not bothering either with mpaa rating images and such. I don't see the point in displaying a handful of different images with tiny text in them instead of text that is always clear. The studio flags are different as they are very diverse and offer a certain visual appeal when done right.

It's too bad as these days I much prefer tmdb over imdb.
Jeroen Wrote:do we really need multiple results for studio names?

i'd like to see the tmdb scraper modified in a way so that it only fetches one studioname....

but that's strictly from a skinning point of view.
maybe others prefer 'accuracy' over eye-candy?
ronie Wrote:i'd like to see the tmdb scraper modified in a way so that it only fetches one studioname....

but that's strictly from a skinning point of view.
maybe others prefer 'accuracy' over eye-candy?

I've been thinking of making a trac ticket for this. I'm a function over form person, but I honestly wonder if it would be a big loss. I mean, do people really wonder about the secondary involved production companies? I doubt it, but of course I could be wrong Wink
After all, the imdb scraper only lists one studio as far as I know.

Opinions welcome Smile
Most of the scraped sites are returning them in no particular order so it's not that easy to determine the _right_ one. We might end up with a local studio/renter eg. on a blockbuster Smile
Oh I see Sad
This is one of the many reasons I use a media manager to scrape my movies, that way I can edit the information to my liking. I know the avg user probably wouldn't use one, but it works great for me. :o
I suggest the only real way to do this is to have the site provide the logo image of the "first" studio. That way we can include it directly without having skin hacks. The advantage of doing it this way is it leads to normalisation of studio names in the databases that they host.

I'd suggest the same could be done for ratings - the site(s) need to provide a universal rating scheme (MPAA is fine as a base) so that we have a normalized rating system that can be used for images.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Problem with that is who are we to tell sites how to store their data :\ And I'm sure imdb and rotten tomatoes will tell us to get lost
themoviedb and tvdb are really what matters here - it's then up to the scrapers to massage other data into similar forms.
we can look forward to this being added to tmdb: https://meticulo.lighthouseapp.com/proje...udio-icons