Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: PM3 HD or other skins on current SVN?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

could anyone maybe post a quick howto (if it's possible at all) to install other skins with the new addon system? I am on r30809, and if I go to appearance - skins and click on Confluence, the "skin manager" pops up. I can go to "Get more" there, see "all repositories" but it's empty.
Is there a way to manually add PM3 HD e.g. without using the add on manager?

thanks

boba
I have the problem too. Actually SVN compiled and my Alaska Skin will not work in the /.xbmc/skin folder.

Anyone an idea ? Thanks/Danke Smile
Until the time when there is a public release and the XBMC repo is fully online you can get compatible versions of PM3.HD and MediaStream_Redux (skins by me) here
http://code.google.com/p/jezzxbmc/downloads/list
you will need to extract them into your ~/.xbmc/addons/ folder once the official repo is online you will be able to download them from within XBMC

As for other skins you will just have to wait until the skin devs fix up their version to run with newer svn. If you want to try I made a list of things that need doing here
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=74818

P.S you will need to restart XBMC so it will see them
Thanks jezz, works just fine :-)
One question though ... on the home screen, why did you guys change the video/music etc menu on the left? I mean, now you have to "scroll" to reach the last entry. Before you had every menu entry on the screen ....

thanks again

boba
boba23 Wrote:Thanks jezz, works just fine :-)
One question though ... on the home screen, why did you guys change the video/music etc menu on the left? I mean, now you have to "scroll" to reach the last entry. Before you had every menu entry on the screen ....

thanks again

boba
Because once we add "Live TV" (pvr branch) and probably after that "web browser" it just makes the home menu much more expandable for the future as it was it was very limited if I kept expanding the background to fit in more buttons. Plus this way its easy to add in direct links too "Movies" and TV Shows" as well if I wish.

Short answer is its more expandable