Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Keymap] Key id doesn't match ASCII
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hope someone can help me with this, let me explain what's going on first.

I got a remote (bought a new one as previous one didn't do a thing in XBMC) which manages to send out Key combinations.
CTRL + P = play for example and CTRL + S = Stop.

I tried logging keypresses to find out the key id at first but for some mysterious reason XBMC says both keys have the same id (61600), even more buttons do actually.

So i tried some other sollution i found and edited the keymap (keyboard.xml aswell as remote.xml although the remote one doesnt seem to effect actions):
Code:
<f mod="ctrl,shift">FastForward</f>
Changed it to <p mod="ctrl">Play</key> but that gave no result in XBMC. I could have known that beforehand i guess as CTRL+P on the keyboard doesn't do a thing either.

When i use showkey -a when exiting XBMC i can clearly see that there is a difference between the two send signals:
^P 16 0020 0x10
^S 19 0023 0x13
Even tried adding a shift to the above attempts as it doesnt seem to effect the ascii code reported but again no luck.

Any idea how i can solve this? Can i use the above unique hex codes in some way?

When i look at this remote control review (got type SL-6399-SBK) they do the same with combining ctrl and other keys... i can't follow why it won't work for me.
Running XBMC Live btw, Ubuntu 9.10, Kernel 2.6.31-20-generic #58 in case that matters.
Been browsing for sollutions to this and i did find a post on these forums dating from 2005 that it wasn't possible to use ascii or hex codes. But that was a looooong time ago.
Was hoping for some more recent view on above stated problem. Smile

Thanks in advance for any wisdom you can provide!