Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ATV/CrystalHD/Ubuntu weirdness
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My ATV is a wonderful thing, but it has been misbehaving for quite a while.

My tech: I've had the CrystalHD card installed for months, running r26 of the CrystalHD drivers (thanks Davilla and Andy204), XBMC SVN 28256, ATV OS 2.2, Launcher 3.2.3, external usb hard drive connected as well, ftp enabled.

Weird symptoms:
1. Often after an ATV reboot, XBMC will not respond to the remote once launched (I can ftp in, screensaver works, sound). I have to reboot the ATV 2-3 times before XBMC responds to the remote.
Here's the log when this happens: http://pastebin.ca/1878588

2. Often after a reboot, I get a black screen when I launch XBMC. It usually takes 2-3 reboots to successfully launch XBMC so I can see the screen.
Here's the log when this happens: http://pastebin.ca/1878611

3. SD content is fine, but 720p x264 struggles, even with CrystalHD...after about 1 hour, the stutters become unwatchable (pause, jump, stop/start file don't help). I know that there is a mem leak, but most people seem to be reporting much better functionality. Only an ATV reboot helps. (At this point, I usually switch to my lowly WDTV while my family stare in stony silence, waiting to resume their movie.)

4. I tried Sam.Nazarkos wonderful-sounding Ubuntu image which boots, but I cannot see the media on my internal drive (Users/frontrow/Movies). The folders are there, but it does not see the movies (only the folders in there)....is this a "permissions" issue or something I can check with ssh?

I hope these issues don't seem to vague. Believe me, I have spent hours rebooting my ATV and trolling this site for ideas. I am stuck here.

Is there somekind of maintenance that I should run (ATV diagnostics says all is fine) or should I maybe cut my loses, do a factory restore and run a fresh patchstick etc.?

Any guidance is gratefully appreciated.

Cheers,

Craig
Hmm,

You should see your internal drive's contents at /media/Pata. Then locate the movies / tv shows directory under the frontrow user.
Thanks for the quick reply Sam.

Yes, this is what I thought too. I DID see the media stuff ONCE (the very first time I booted the USB/Ubuntu....I did install ubuntu image on an external usb HD and got the same results....booting was way faster than the flash drive though). When I select /media/pata my only choices inside the media folder are media or scratch. I then select /scratch/Users/frontrow/Movies and in there are all my folders, but no media at all (it's there under the ATV OS).

I'm gonna factory restore and reinstall everything and see how that works out.

Cheers and thanks,

Craig