Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Live] Sudden audio problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all.

I am experiencing a strange audio problem with XBMC Live (latest version). The problem relates only to PCM audio.

System : ASROCK 330, connected to Sony amp via SPDIF.

The system has been running perfectly for many months. I installed LIVE to the hard drive as soon as 9.11 was released. Had no audio problems at all until tonight!

Tried to play a tv show with 2 channel PCM stereo, but no audio was routed to the amp. AC3 and DTS audio works fine over the SPDIF despite the sudden silence for PCM.

Opened a terminal and looked at alsamixer. Interestingly PCM audio channel is displayed, and I can adjust the level of it. However there is no [00] in green at the bottom. Pressing 'm' does not do anything either. I don't think the channel is muted, it seems not to be active at all.

Oddly enough this exact problem cropped up when I was running 9.04 on a USB stick. I managed to get pcm audio working through making an asoundrc file but that isn't working this time. I don't think I have found the exact info to put in the .asoundrc file. Previously when I had got it working again, the PCM audio did quit again. Thats when I installed to the Hard Drive. After a few months on the hard drive, I lost the PCM audio again! A fresh install brought it back.

So now that this has happened several times I'm getting a bit frustrated and am looking for a permanent solution to this issue! I had thought 9.11 had sorted it out but alas, after 6 months PCM audio is gone again.

What does it mean that the [00] is missing in alsamixer?
How can I get the audio back?

Thanks in advance....
Rob
No ideas on this one?

I am still trying to figure out what would cause it to change after so many months of perfect service. Why would the PCM audio suddenly be completely gone? Huh