Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Interesting Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am driving my XBMCLive (Asrock ION33 PRO) using the HTTP Interface. When I give it the command to play a file (I am pretty sure I have the command correct) it appears to cause the XBMC application to restart. To be more precise, the video cycles (goes blank for a second) and then the home screen re-appears. My HTTP driver says that there was no response from the XBMC.

Appreciate any help/advice figuring out what I am doing wrong. I had this working at one time.

Don't know how to delete this post or I would. My error. playfile is working fine. I have another condition I do not understand but wish to look at it some more. It has to do with xbmc appearing to drop its video output if the hdmi port is disconnected for a while (e.g. the A/V processor it is connected to switches to a different input like a STB) and then remakes the HDMI connection. Could it be a possible hot plug issue not forcing the handshake to be repeated. Forcing a hot plug condition by pulling out and re-inserting the HDMI cable does not fix the issue so maybe it is not a hotplug issue.

Any Help greatly appreciated.